Event Rules Clarification

3DSHROOM

1 hour ago, 3DSHROOM said:

It would be great to clarify rules for various events on the server, such as required damage percentages to loot and other items that may be known to regulars but not listed anywhere on the website or in game.

Is this in regards to events such as the Patrol Heli, or Bradley?

Edited by SKUDRUNNER

@3DSHROOMunless stated in the server rules, there are no "percentages" for damage dealt. When I was a part of the staff, you were expected to have taken part in the event if you were to get loot. Death did have a very handy solution that only unlocked crates to you based on your damage dealt, but I think that had to be pulled back, but it was a huge jump forward in handling these situations. Kept loot fair to those who participated, with no intervention required by staff.

If you need to view the rules for the server you play on, here's the link the FAQ on where/how to find those

There was an effort, to make some congruity with server rules, to keep admins from making their own addendums to those rule sets. That way if you played on Scourge, Pure and then on Survival, you would know as a player what was expected of you. Yes, some of the servers do to their nature may have some additional rules that aren't handled via plugin (looting for example on Pure), or j-pipe usage on Survival.

• Like 1

I was warned on Pure for looting a single crate from a Patrol Heli for only dealing 4.8% damage, (second most damage dealt to the heli). I was told by an Admin that I was lucky to not have had that item taken from me and they requested I post the suggestion here after I submitted a help ticket explaining there was no clear rule that I saw detailing these stipulations. (The stipulation being that you needed 13% or greater damage dealt).

Edited by 3DSHROOM

I'd recommend you speak to the head of your server. Loose or personal interpretations of rules already defined only serve to confuse players. It's happened before, and seems to be continuing. Hopefully the Head of your server, or a member or leadership can clarify. Rules can't be changed unless those changes are reflected for all to see easily. Not in some buried Discord message thread or forum post, so I can understand your frustration. 

I logged on to Pure and checked the server rules. EU would match those of AU or US. Ideally they should be updated since building on roads was removed by FP.

Cncti39.png

The rule sets for Scourge and Survival look identical:
ucxti6E.png

• Like 2

The conversation for who gets the loot, based on how much damage they think they did, has been a topic of contention for a long time. It's hard to define, but there is a difference between, say, a player shooting arrows at the Bradley, and a player throwing grenades at it. Either person can claim they did damage and take a cut of the loot, but who's really doing the work there? It's something that is going to have to be worked out case by case. I don't think there's any way a listed rule will make a difference. 

I agree with RepeatPete, as the old loot-damage script was a nice step forward. It's unfortunate that was removed, hopefully it will come back soon.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3DSHROOM said:

To top it off, the damage % isn't even shown now when the heli goes down.

How am I supposed to make sense of this?

image.thumb.png.8e85e9e812f88da020277ccb09195acf.png

At the moment, I think we're just asking that players who fought the heli get admin assistance if you think someone is taking loot from a heli you think is yours. Admins can check the logs and make a judgment call on that.

If you find that you're not seeing the damage% announcement in chat when you do an event like this, can you please fill out a bug report for us? That'll make sure the bug is documented and doesn't get lost somewhere else. https://rustez.com/bugs/

• Like 1