Can we please have more wood to buy for Stone?

kingdl1st

The wood to buy in the outpost only lasts some weekend nights less than 5 minutes.  And many nights only 20 or 30 minutes before the wood sells out. 

So at 11:00 pm my time I need to line up but that is kind of late and it does not help off times. I think the speed that it goes should show a need. I like it so I don't cut trees and others. I enjoy the scenery much better with the trees, 

What is so wrong with people that they can't chop their own wood?  If you have basic resources on farm you can go buy, blueprint, craft, and fuel your own Chainsaws.

Like if you can't be bothered to farm your own wood, why are you even playing Rust?  I don't get this "must buy wood with stone at Outpost" mentality.

And I'm not saying this to be mean, I really don't get it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SCE_Wraith said:

What is so wrong with people that they can't chop their own wood?  If you have basic resources on farm you can go buy, blueprint, craft, and fuel your own Chainsaws.

Like if you can't be bothered to farm your own wood, why are you even playing Rust?  I don't get this "must buy wood with stone at Outpost" mentality.

Spending 10k scrap on wood at outpost gives you enough wood to sell for about $13,000 net worth on /shop, and stone gives you about $10,000 net worth. That’s why it all keeps getting bought up as soon as the machines are refilled. Unfortunately, the amounts are built in on the backend, and there’s nothing Death can do aside from removing stone and wood from /shop

• Like 1

I am not worried about net worth, I just rather buy the wood than cut trees down.

I love when someone tells my why I play rust, as if I have to play it in their idea of the game. I like building my base and screwing around. I don't like grinding for wood or clear cutting the land. I would like a lumberyard to compliment the quarry system. 

On 5/1/2022 at 12:17 PM, SCE_Wraith said:

I do not like the clear cut landscape that comes from the lack of wood resource in the outpost.  Yeah chopping wood is easy but the open landscape ruins game play for some players. If I wanted vanilla rust we would choose vanilla server's. I guess a option would be to increase spawn rate of trees when they are removed or add a sawmill type item. not being a programmer or server operator i do not know if one or the other is a viable option

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Wood is bought up because trading stone for wood increases your net worth gain over what you would get just selling the stone.  The simple fix would be to increase stone to 6 cents and reduce Charcoal to 2 cents on black market, thus nullifying the gains of wood hoarding.

• Like 1

I love the new changes to the BM. Maybe minus the wood & charcoal all together or decrease it on BM. However, I guess it depends on the server pop. I think its beneficial for higher pop. servers then it is for lower pop. servers. I'm just guessing. I've noticed on AU scourge, outpost is out of stock all the time so I just decided to cut my own wood and use the wood teas. ☺️ 🪓🪓🪓🌲🌳🌴☕

• Like 1