Increasing Oil Rig Locked Crate Timers

SethPsych

Hey I didn't see a sticky or rules at the top so I'm just going to blurt it out formlessly.

Keep running into an issue where myself/others go into oil rig and the heavies are still there plus the crate either has 1 jacket in it or de-spawns very shortly after coming into rendering distance. We've watched carefully and asked in chat a few times and we don't believe we're entering right after somebody else, not to mention there has been instances where nobody else has been online to do it for a few hours. This has persisted most of this current wipe.

Best educated guess is player is flying/rushing to the top, hitting chinook, rushing looting and fleeing before heavies arrive on boat/minicopter. We're not sure if there is something going on which prevents the crate from despawning in a reasonable time if it's via someone leaving render distance too quickly or loot still being in there which could be a general rust issue. For a long time we really thought we MUST be entering less than 30mins-1hour of someone else doing it because that would explain it simply but wow we have watched it super careful and don't think that's it.

For a fix I'd suggest increasing the crate timer, I don't think whoever is looting and leaving is doing anything wrong, it just messes it up for others. We practically just get scientist loot+red room and the crates either useless or gone for our investment. If lets say it was pumped to two minutes, it would force whoever activated it to deal with the scientists, also give them more time to loot and actually empty the crate. Just a suggestion, there's probably other ways to fix this or go about it I haven't thought of. I'm also not sure if the crate timers have to be global or can be altered just for oil rig.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 months later...