Kind of Curious

Dirty Harry

Not gaming related, but What's everyone do for a living outside of the gaming world and where you guys from.

Me I'm from Wisconsin. I myself work for a GM dealership detailing cars and washing them up for customers and average 120 hours every two weeks.

Again just curiosity and no one has to say unless they'd like to. Just trying to interact with the community and get to know my fellow rust people ?

• Like 2

• Staff
Just now, Billy Madison said:

I'd expect you to reply with something like that xD I'm figuring your damn good with computers and coding. 

I code as a hobby but my main passion is working with people in general. I'm currently going to school for criminal justice but as of right now I have two jobs grinding it out to catch up on loans. I'm a C++ certified winapi engineer and I also code HTMl, PHP and LUA. (This info is on my steam profile.) I should make an introduction.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Death said:

I code as a hobby but my main passion is working with people in general. I'm currently going to school for criminal justice but as of right now I have two jobs grinding it out to catch up on loans. I'm a C++ certified winapi engineer and I also code HTMl, PHP and LUA. (This info is on my steam profile.) I should make an introduction.

Well everyones got hobbies. I build PCs in my spare time along with modifying game consoles and repairing them. And I didnt really read you steam profile hah. Goodluck on the schooling though. It'll pay off in the long run.

i've had a pretty tough/weird life - born in canada to Finnish immigrants, came to the US as a kid, went and dropped out of art college in canada again, lived above a bar in chicago, lived in a few strange places and also homeless in california, now i'm back in Illinois living with parents while i tackle the first few years of a fine arts degree so i can either transfer to a better school to get them good jobs, or see what i can get with an associate's.

i've dabbled in game making and writing, my main talents are illustration, sculpture, and fashion.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, premedicated said:

i've had a pretty tough/weird life - born in canada to Finnish immigrants, came to the US as a kid, went and dropped out of art college in canada again, lived above a bar in chicago, lived in a few strange places and also homeless in california, now i'm back in Illinois living with parents while i tackle the first few years of a fine arts degree so i can either transfer to a better school to get them good jobs, or see what i can get with an associate's.

i've dabbled in game making and writing, my main talents are illustration, sculpture, and fashion.

Crazy man. Hope all goes well for you and get to do what you truly like to do. Also it's crazy we are a state away. You mentioned you once lived in Chicago. I did too along time ago til family decided to move to sourthern wisconsin. Still only 2hrs from Chi-Town

• Like 1

@Billy Madison yeah, i'm about an hour west in the burbs now. i have step-family in southern Wisconsin though i've never been there! and Death himself mentioned he's in Indiana. it's wild!

thanks dude. ^_^ i'm aiming for success. ultimately i may not get to do my favorite kind of work, but we all have different skills and though it's a tough climb, there's a bunch of reasons it's going to work out a lot better for me than the other shit i've tried. just gotta keep tryin till somethin sticks!

@premedicated Anythings better than nothing honestly. It's just cool that I've actually met some people that aren't thousands of miles away. And you had mentioned Sourthen Wisconsin. Im located in Janesville to be exact. I'd of aimed for success, but I made alot of poor choices years ago and now I'm feeling it. Everything I know and do is all self taught so I cant complain.

i am a cnc maschine programer working in a small "tvrtka" don't know all words XD. And on top of that i am fully operating the maschines and the process from start (incoming material) to the end (outgoing products). I am the leader of my shift 8h a day and making all decisions based on the work without the boss so i am like death without powers xD admin of my 8 hours. 

I work in Underground coal mining in Australia. I am a crew supervisor, work 13hr shifts. My work is ~2hrs drive from home, so I stay at accommodation at the mine site. I work Mon to Thurs, giving me weekends at home.

Thats why I enjoy this server with the no decay / no raiding rules - my progress doesn't get taken away just because I have to leave for work :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aussie said:

I work in Underground coal mining in Australia. I am a crew supervisor, work 13hr shifts. My work is ~2hrs drive from home, so I stay at accommodation at the mine site. I work Mon to Thurs, giving me weekends at home.

Thats why I enjoy this server with the no decay / no raiding rules - my progress doesn't get taken away just because I have to leave for work :)

Damn bet your job is stressful and hope it pays well. And I couldnt do a 2 hour drive justto work I hate being stuck in a car. And yeah I like the erver for same reasons aswell. I can play and come back a week later and still ahve all my stuff. Hell hope I see you in the server sometime. Maybe next wipe we can team up and build and explore some stuff. Solo gets boring after awhile