Banned: US Pure : marqis87

Server: Org Wide
Duration: Permanent
Time: 11:30 PM EST
Player:  marqis87

BattleMetrics 
Steam

Marquis87 was caught in the act by another player, looting a sleeping, visiting admin who'd participated in an event a few hours prior. 
Marquis was witnessed by staff assaulting the reporting player when confronted. Marquis was teleported to a secure location by staff. They logged quickly after being confronted by staff, but were less than cooperative.

Owing to a prior banning on another EZ server, this is now a permanent, organization wide ban.  

Loot log is capped and available if needed. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience. I was allowing my 8 year old nephews to play on the server since it was a PVE server. I did explain to them about rules of not killing other people, no raiding, and only to kill animals and blue scientists. They've been asking to play Rust because of the countless YouTube videos they were watching. However, they have been polluted by Youtube and I've had to punk them out a couple times because they like to talk back. I was wondering why when I logged on, I was locked in a cage.

They probably were thinking, "Oh sh*t, Uncle Mark is going to yell at me." Hence why I only found out when I logged on that I was banned. I've confronted the two little gremlins on your behalf. They said they are sorry. When you become a cool Aunt/Uncle, and let your nephews or nieces play on your rig, you'll understand.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't let them on unsupervised, Rust is for mature adults, I haven't seen any mature 8 year olds during my lifetime. Next time I wouldn't let them on server you plan to play on if you can't supervise them.

That was what led me start playing Rust seeing youtube videos. It also took me over a year to decide to buy the game since all the toxicity on those youtube videos. when there was a steam sale + I found out there were modded PVE servers and RustEZ survival was the first server I even joined. I try my best behavior to not get banned. I got an EAC ban only once because I had a high ping on a server got multiple kicks for fly hacking, which EAC isn't the greatest at detecting because I don't hack.

It's like lending your car to somebody, your insurance company is not going to let you scott free because you're 8 year old nephews crashed it. I think a lot of the responsibility falls on you as the owner of said account.

If the ban gets lifted I hope you learn some lesson to take more responsibility and not let other people use your account, if this story is even true.

Thank you for your input on this matter, marqis87. What it boils down to is this, you are the account owner and as such are fully responsible for whatever happens with it. 
Regardless of your decision to allow a child to play this game, the fact remains that server rules were broken and there are consequences. 
The ban will remain in place. 

We wish you the best in your future Rust endeavors. 
Thank you.

• Like 2