Remove Melee weapons from /top high scores

Chinaski

Ever notice that the distance records for melee weapons stop getting broken by day three of wipe? They max out and cannot be broken anymore. I personally believe these short (under 5 meters) records have no place among the records for the other weapons. They actually clog up the list with so many short melee records. Nobody goes and says, "Hmmm, I wonder what the record for the mace is??" lol

I just think that the records list should be for weapons that can kill past 10 meters, and can be continually broken the whole wipe. Removing the worthless melee records would clean up the super-long /top list as well. The record for candy cane club should remain, however.

Just some thoughts,

-Chinaski

• Staff

They don't make any sense right now, but those weapons can be thrown at much greater distances. The issue right now is that the feed does not record projectile kills as I am still working on an efficient way of recording them.

The kill feed was put on a back burner as I focus on bigger projects.

• Like 1