"smart" Gardening

Rygoat

So I've been tinkering a bunch with the gardening stuff, setting up automatic timers based on repeating circuits etc to try to maximise efficiency and I've come to realise life would be so much simpler if we had water sensors (or "smart" planters).  

• When the planter reaches 100% water (9000/9000) it sends out a simple 1w signal which can be run to a blocker, XOR Switch or even directly to the off input on the pumps. I imagine it would need to consume some power (plus the 1w passthrough).  
  • A secondary thought is that a more advanced and expensive version (with higher power consumption) could include heating pads as a way to aid with temperature (a secondary benefit is less spam of lights, hopefully helping reduce FPS drop around larger farms)
Edited by Rygoat

There is supposed to be a water pump incoming from facepunch, that you can pump water from river, lake, or ocean. Also an electric water purifier if it's salt water. Should be able to get more volume of water.

There is supposed to be a circuit with 2 timers, to turn on the sprinklers, turn them off, turn them on, to use water conservatively and find a decent  saturation. But that can depend on your genetics, if you have RED W that will consume a lot of water.

Sample system with 2 timers
https://www.rustrician.io/?circuit=baee49f2123138f0a8086266720e432b

10 hours ago, aNoNiM said:

There is supposed to be a circuit with 2 timers, to turn on the sprinklers, turn them off, turn them on, to use water conservatively and find a decent  saturation. But that can depend on your genetics, if you have RED W that will consume a lot of water.

Thanks, I already make use of this as mentioned in the opening post. But even with an advanced circuit controlling the sprinklers it can be finicky to dial in especially when your crop isn't all the same genetics.
Looking forward to that new intake pump though, should make life easier when you're not reliant on water catchers that output a minuscule amount of water