More Zombies in Scourge

ChironIV

Although I like the zombies they need to be let off the chain a bit.  I was on another Zombie PVE server and spent the first 30 minutes of the game running for my life from packs of 5 zombies roaming the shores and roaming all monuments.  Scary fun.  Zombies on Rustez pause a bit before attacking.  Need they need to get more in touch with their inner "28 days later" rather than "Dawn of the Dead".

It may impact the server but perhaps reducing numbers of other AI's such as animal life could help.

• Staff

Could you expand on the "pausing" before they attack? If you've just joined this month, you may be experiencing the intermittent lagging introduced last update. It's something out of our control and will be fixed on the next forced wipe next week.

We're always improving our zombies though!

Yes, I have noticed that they will charge then for some reason, pause.  As in, dead (pun intended) stop at about 10 meters for 5 to 10 seconds.  The zombie with the chainsaw will go full bore attack like an AI bear but since I can hear them from a distance...This gives me ample time to "double tap" to the head. 

In retrospect it also happens with animals.  Although it seems to occur if you damage them.  Some servers they have AI set so the animals just stand there and let you stab them to death while in others I have had a stag gore me to death and woken up to a bear mauling.  Simply unbearable..

I don't know the intricacies of the AI config so I am just going on what I have observed.  I think the AI zombies are sharing the AI flow chart for the other NPC's with tables on aggro distance and behavior based on NPC...

Just don't go too far,  Bolt action Zombies with night vision...  (Shuddder)