Evolving zombies throughout the phases of a wipe (Scourge)

Temde

My thought is that zombies on scourge can "evolve" and have better equipment as time goes on through a wipe, but their equipment is never good enough to "overpower" a fresh-spawn.

My idea is, let's say, 
Week 1 would have zombies with tier 1 armor and weapons, such as hemp clothes and the normal "bloody" masks and EZ shirts and such.
Week 2 would have some zombies start to wear wood armor and better weapons, like the spear.
Week 3 would have some zombies start to wear metal armor and better weapons, like the stone spear.
Final week (before wipe) would have some zombies start to wear heavy plate and use chainsaws.

These stronger "boss" zombies could offer better drops (gunpowder -> bean cans -> c4 as the weeks progress), so "zombie hunting" could still be engaging as the weeks progress and players become more geared up. The better drops from the stronger zombies could help people who joined later in the wipe catch up in terms of gear and stuff, when compared to the people who came in on wipe day. 

Basically, the idea is to keep zombies engaging throughout the wipe cycle, without the zombies being overpowering to a new player, even on the last week. The bow that new people spawn with (should) be good enough for the occasional "boss" zombie. That's the idea, anyways. The picture shows the idea, but it's made in MS paint so take it with a grain of salt.

ez.png

• Like 1
  • Love 5

The whole wipe season sees newspawns though, can't go throwing them into the plate zombie deep end or they won't join the server, the starter biome would have to stay chill. Player shops established by then mean that they can easily get equipped to move up into the escalating tier snow/desert zones. I doubt there's a functionality available to make this happen, but it would be awesome.

6 hours ago, Arsefish said:

The whole wipe season sees newspawns though, can't go throwing them into the plate zombie deep end or they won't join the server

Just a side-note but people joining after the first 2 weeks often have a range of really well stocked and cheap shops to get weaponry from and if the zombies were more of a threat then you might find more players putting turret defences etc around their shops creating safe zones or sanctuaries for new players to take advantage of.  
I've seen a few people try to do similar on the current wipe in the form of rest-stops etc but this is usually done more for RP then anything and often go unused