Wipe end game idea to keep numbers up

igorcraven

So I have several ideas on ways to make this server better but the biggest idea and the one that I think would have the biggest impact on the players enjoyment level and EZs financial health would be an end game to give us all something to work towards.  As we all know interest peaks at the wipe and then heads downward except for weekends and events.  My idea would be to have a end of the wipe battle or game that would take some preparation throughout the wipe.  This would give those involved something to work towards.  I have a vision of what this would look like however I'm unsure what is possible from the game and mods as far as tweaking things to fit the game we would do.  I also know we have a wide range of interests as players so it's difficult to please everyone.  Basically I'm thinking a several hours long battle between 2-6 groups of players.  PVP would be enabled but I think looting from players might be difficult for some so maybe only looting at the end once the battle has been won.  Bases or castles could be built and supplied throughout the wipe.  Maybe limited battles on Saturdays leading up to a final battle?  The admins would need to be involved to keep things fair and balance the teams for a good competition.  Anyone who didn't want to participate and everyone's own base would be off limits.  Anyway there's a thousand different ways we could go with this.  Maybe a comment from Death and the Admins on their thoughts and then we could come up with more details.  Seems like the game would need some form of PVP to make it interesting enough but I have actually been against this in the past figuring there are lots of places to go for straight forward KOS PVP.  I think PVP with some restrictions is the way to go now.  What do you guys think?

• Staff

I would have to say i am not a fan of long duration of pvp. From doing our events i have noticed that it only takes one player the ruin the fun for the rest by camping them over and over. Much so lately we will disable PVP between round and use our tools so when you revive your naked with out tools or access to you body. 

As for the the event some of the one we build literally take days of prep for maybe 30-50 mins of run time. Keeping in mind this is an admin building the event from scratch every wipe. For example Us Scourges Kill-a-Watt event takes me 24 in-game hours to build and wire every thing for a weekend event this doesn't take account of stopping to help players with issues or resolve other issues as they arise. Now saying that yes its a lot of time invested but i enjoy doing it. 

• Love 1

That may be your idea of something good to do with a PVP style base going to waste on a PVE server, but it isn't what everyone wants to build, they come here to not need to think about PVP defense, numbers on these servers would decline if it was about to devolve to being like the other servers they choose not to play on, and you'd still be bored leading up to it.

Something like this might be a good compromise if it could occur only in one small geographical area, so one could move there and get ready if they wanted to. Would likely want to come with a corresponding increase in map size to make up for the lost ground.

Edited by Pikefish
Conciliatory suggestion