Airmobile players vs. grunts

igorcraven

I feel like the game has become a little too slanted to those that fly.  Months ago I made it to the top of dome for the first time only to see a player in a heli fly off with the loot.  Since then I always seem to be beat to crates by those that fly.  I think the anti-aircraft weapon was created for a reason.  I'm guessing there is not much that can be done but if there is I would be for it. 

I also feel like the same people get the prime base locations wipe after wipe due to their ability to scout quickly.  I'm always amazed (and a little jealous) at how quickly people get set up on wipe day.  Some of you guys are just awesome at Rust PVE.  I'm not expecting much here either but maybe there's something that could be done in the future to give us less aggressive types a chance.  Thanks.

Facepunch has made quite the changes to monuments to prevent skipping puzzles using heli. But Dome is hard to fix.

And I know that people fly to get locked crates and airdrops, I sometimes get a locked crate because I am already looting at monument 3 people zoom by with helis. While I wait the minute, or loot the rest of the monument. Although I can fly I can understand the frustration especially at dome, I try to conserve fuel on wipe day for crafting purposes, since I don't get pumpjacks anymore.

Also Facepunch is changing it, so far they will need to buy it for 1500 Scrap at bandit camp, but I think they can buy one with point so far. not sure if Death is changing that. if it costs 1500 and people crash it, it's another 1500 scrap. The intention from facepunch is people don't grab a heli when you spawn, kill a bear then fly everywhere. and dominate too quickly.  That will make it expensive for people to learn to fly, I remember I crashed it a few times when trying to learn to land them. I would of cost me over 60K scrap to learn lol.

Even though I fly I would prefer death changes that to default for this wipe, so we can get the experience of no helis for the first part of wipe day, they are not supposed to spawn by the road by default. need to buy them at Bandit camp

Edited by aNoNiM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I will be changing how vehicles are stored (vehicle flares) as well as adjusting prices to re-balance with the latest changes to the game. I feel the recent changes to how you acquire helicopters satisfies this suggestion therefore I will mark it so.

Maybe I need to update this now. The price at bandit camp is 750. It was originally 1500 on staging branch when I made the comment.

Iv'e seen quite the reduction in Mini usage, but still see it and use it myself.

igor, if you want we can organize some flying lessons to help you. I thought a few people. But it does make it more expensive now to try and learn to fly. I know there are flying school servers just like there are aim training servers. But we can't promote 3rd party servers here I suppose