Signs

CowboyRob99

I have been a member of the RustEZ family for a few years now and have had lots of fun with friends. Everyone is free to support who ever they feel is fright, but can we remove the political signs and refrain from putting them up. I come to Rust and other games to take a break from everything else in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 8

Yes please! I play to keep my stress level down and relax and seeing political ads and propaganda like that is just a stark reminder of what I'm trying to avoid by playing and choosing  to play on this server.
Do what you want in your own base, but a little more discretion is definitely in order for public signs/billboards.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Granny said:

While I can certainly understand the opinions and viewpoints here, please remember, you can turn signs off.

There is a toggle for it in Options. 
:)
I hope this helps!

While I understand that signs can be turned off, we shouldn't have to turn off part of our immersive experience because someone has spammed the highway with political signs. We aren't talking about signs on bases, we are talking about someone putting up a small TC in something like 10 - 15 locations around the main road with political signs, as well as the responses that have been placed in other TC's as well as on buildings.

Edited by Sararainmaker
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Vonblood said:

I saw all of those last night during a barrel run. Make me think of an unwritten rule while u are at a bar/pub. NEVER talk about religion or politics. Wondered if the rule can apply to RustEZ also. 

It does apply across all servers and politics doesn't belong in any RustEZ server. We try our best to keep politics to an absolute minimum as we know it can cause divide among players and we want to ensure our servers are a place where you can escape the stuff going on in the real world.
Feel free to ping admins in game or on Discord if you feel certain boundaries are being pushed or things are going a little too far! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was the one that put up the Trump road signs. I only did this because I was seeing Biden and other left leaning signs around when i was looking for a place to build this wipe. As long as the " no politics" rule goes for everyone, I'm fine with no political messages of any kind. Just to be clear, LGBT rainbow stuff IS political. I don't want nor do I expect anything LGBT related to be removed as part of the " no politics " policy, just making sure we all understand what qualifies as political.

37 minutes ago, Flatline said:

I was the one that put up the Trump road signs. I only did this because I was seeing Biden and other left leaning signs around when i was looking for a place to build this wipe. As long as the " no politics" rule goes for everyone, I'm fine with no political messages of any kind. Just to be clear, LGBT rainbow stuff IS political. I don't want nor do I expect anything LGBT related to be removed as part of the " no politics " policy, just making sure we all understand what qualifies as political.

The admins decide what is acceptable and what isn't, not you. You can make a suggestion TO them, but telling them what YOU expect just comes off as arrogant.

Edited by Sararainmaker
  • Like 1