Shooting players

igorcraven

Yesterday I wasted a bunch of time dealing with players shooting me.  I get shot once or twice quite often as I'm sure everyone else does.  I'm always a little surprised but I usually just continue on or transport away if it continues.  Every several weeks or so I run into a player or group of players who take it beyond the occasional shot.  I was trying to build a new base in a new area to me yesterday so I didn't really want to leave that spot but I did eventually.  The shooting went on for some time.

So here's my suggestion.  I would be interested in playing on a server that has some sort of a white list process.  Really just a server where the rules are taken seriously and bad behavior will result in you losing your privilege to play on that server.  Other servers could continue on as they are.  Or if that's not possible just do away with the rule.  As it is now the Admins do not want to deal with it and I don't blame them.  I don't want to deal with it either.  Actually on Scourge it seems like the Admins have no problem with it at all.  Maybe just state that players are not able to damage other players and leave it at that.  Then I could at least shoot back without breaking any rules myself.

I'm an old dude but I enjoy playing with the kids.  I get a lot of laughs just reading chat but a group of unloved 14 year olds can be a big pain in the ass if they want to be.  It just doesn't seem like a good business practice to allow players who do not spend any money on the site run off players who spend quite a bit.  I actually think the whole problem would go away if a stand were taken on the issue as things are now.  Ok that's it.  Thanks.

I guess I am just failing to see what the problem is?

They aren't hurting you, I know it's a little annoying, but it doesn't happen all that frequently, and if you ask someone to stop they generally do. If they continue and start harassing you an Admin will step in and take care of it.

I don't think people shooting harmless bullets is really a good argument for making a white-list process that will surely lead to good people going to easier servers to get in to, and eventually the servers losing people and the money to keep them running.