Night-Only Lights

DragonCoffee

Hello All!

It seems that a recent topic of discussion has been the lag caused by lights that are on all day, as well as all night. Well, I've created this post to hopefully bring some knowledge to those who may need it! I am definitely not a rust electricity pro, but this should be a decent starting point!

There are two variations I have here, one is more expensive but saves the outlying power from the solar panel used by the blocker, and the second doesn't but is cheaper! First up, the more efficient one:

Save_Power.png.7320c2b69f7becd3187a349f731d34d7.png

Second, the less efficient one:

Dont_Save_Power.png.c57ea275a6f5febf3445443d60f904ac.png

The solar panels linked together to the battery can be swapped out for a wind turbine if need be, or even more solar panels if you use a large battery instead of a medium one!

One thing to note: This will only power about 24 or so lights. If you need to power more you'll need to use a large battery (which means you'll likely need more solar panels/wind turbines to generate power during the day).

Feel free to DM me here, or on discord (DragonCoffee#9172) if you want additional information to help with your own electricity setup!

I hope this helps. Happy rusting!
DragonCoffee

• Like 7
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

Here's my night light system, I run it on US Scourge and others can tap into it with their own RF receiver, I have a camera pointed at instructions for how to set it up, called NIGHTLIGHT. The radio frequency I use for this is 5014 (sola).

The Left side is the sensing unit, one Solar Panel points towards sunrise and the other towards sunset, the Batteries with Root Combiner are optional, it works without them. Like the OP did, they allow you to feed a bit of the surplus power into your grid if you have them lying around and want that extra 20 power generation. As the light comes up slowly, but its still generally too dark for lights off when the first power is received, this circuit requires a threshold amount of power before toggling the light channel, set in the first Branch. You can skip the radio bits and just feed the second Branch's branch out into your Blocker, but using radio allows you to use it across multiple bases, and others can too, by just building the Right side receiver circuit.

Nightlight.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...