Clear definition of what is considered camping added under the FAQs

BloodyBaroness

This is a quirky little suggestion;

What if we increased the radiation levels at Launch Site (except for in the Red Card Puzzle) to be higher (on modded servers, like Scourge)? Without a Hazmat Suit, the effects would be deadly with long exposure; With a Hazmat suit, you still have a max of [5]* Radiation? This should be enough to force players to keep from sitting inside Launch Site, as they'll constantly be using Meds, Food/Water, etc. The number should be low enough for a Hazmat Suit to run through and loot the monument and lootable areas, without having too quick of a health drain. Hazmats Suits also mean players cannot wear armor sets into the Launch Site, meaning events like Bradley may be slightly more difficult. In theory, I hope this idea would force players to make better decisions on whether or not entering Launch Site is worth it to them, and make it less likely people are going to be standing around the area waiting.

Finally, I gotta ask the big man in charge, @Death, would it even be possible to raise radiation levels for that specific of an area? We know as you get deeper toward the Red Puzzle, the radiation levels go up. So there's a zone there, separate from the rest of Launch Site. Could we potentially raise the radiation at the zone surrounding the larger portion of Launch Site, without effecting the smaller zone?

Thanks to everyone who read. Please, give me your criticisms of the idea, if you have any.

Edited by SKUDRUNNER
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

What if we increased the radiation levels at Launch Site (except for in the Red Card Puzzle) to be higher (on modded servers, like Scourge)? Without a Hazmat Suit, the effects would be deadly with long exposure; With a Hazmat suit, you still have a max of [5]* Radiation? This should be enough to force players to keep from sitting inside Launch Site, as they'll constantly be using Meds, Food/Water, etc. The number should be low enough for a Hazmat Suit to run through and loot the monument and lootable areas, without having too quick of a health drain. Hazmats Suits also mean players cannot wear armor sets into the Launch Site, meaning events like Bradley may be slightly more difficult. In theory, I hope this idea would force players to make better decisions on whether or not entering Launch Site is worth it to them, and make it less likely people are going to be standing around the area waiting.

Finally, I gotta ask the big man in charge, @Death, would it even be possible to raise radiation levels for that specific of an area? We know as you get deeper toward the Red Puzzle, the radiation levels go up. So there's a zone there, separate from the rest of Launch Site. Could we potentially raise the radiation at the zone surrounding the larger portion of Launch Site, without effecting the smaller zone?

Thanks to everyone who read. Please, give me your criticisms of the idea, if you have any.

Lets say that's possible, it won't stop campers. They just come with more supplies. Also, that does nothing for the issue on Pure where there are no plug ins. There is a plug in where you can "zone" areas and set certain perimeters. Maybe bounce people out after x time.

5 hours ago, Pepega said:

I just want to add my part in to this discussion, most of the problematic issues have been discussed already though so i won't go further on them.

What my issue is is that there are a number of people who like to 'claim' public events (e.g. garrison, bradley, cargo ship, patrol heli). The problem with this is obviously that people are unwilling to share the loot at all. They will express their opinions in chat on how you're not allowed to 'steal' their public event and even in some instances had threats against me on how i'm  going to get banned for participating in such an event without their permission.

The argument that comes up to me the most is always "I/we  were here first"

There is NO claiming monumnents, bradleys or whatever... Any player who says or tries to do this, I ignore completely, if I am at Launch and I see bradley, I am going to rocket that ass and I am going to take my share of the loot if I've done enough damage. 

But this also does not mean that, if I am doing cargo and I killed all the scientists, someone can just come in after and expect to take my loot... You need to have dealt enough amount of dmg to claim a share.

The rules are unclear, open to interpretation, there's not enough admin presence to enforce these rules and even if I go on a reporting spree it doesn't stop bradley from getting camped on EU Scourge or EU Survival simply because some admins will even ignore the situation even if they are online and there is drama in chat. Some of them just stay silent completely... It's ridiculous. Therefore, I do not care what the brad campers say or expect. If I'm there, you better kill that shit fast before I get a chance to put a rocket or C4 in him, or you're GOING TO share the loot.

Simple as that really.

4 hours ago, SKUDRUNNER said:

This sounds like it would be more work to do then to just simply fix the rules, make a detailed clear list of rules players can refer other players to, without having an hour long debate in global chat... 

On top of it, we have other bugs that still haven't been addressed so I really don't think adding some new feature to the server is the answer here...

• Like 2