Make a lite rule for Garrison-taking

Disaster

• Staff
19 minutes ago, GREENG1ANT said:

I think you're entirely missing the point he was trying to make. He's saying it's the same people taking them all the time and a daily limit should be imposed on anyone that wants to do them. For the exact reason that only a certain number exist (approx. 24) per day. He's not griping that he can't do enough of them, he's suggesting a global cap on all players. If you had read through this thread at all you would know, that this is an on going topic for months now. Its cool that the AU admins are keeping people in check, but clearely it's still an issue in other servers.

nope, you're taking what i said out of context. I simplified what the admins meant when they said what was relevant at that time for AU... I'm relaying the AU situation and how it's publicly handled... assumptions are the mother-of-all-screw-ups. I wouldn't go as far to say that what an Admin said made any difference to the matter.

On 4/12/2021 at 3:24 AM, rubiks-q-bert said:

Digging this up again. I don't know why... Doesn't seem to be getting any attention. To address the garrison issue on EU Scourge (and probably AU and US as well). I'm aware that no one is breaking any rules by farming the garrisons or zerging them within 30 seconds of being up. Which compels me to do the same so I can get a chance at them. But is there any chance that some actual rules can be laid out for those. So many a day, people (to include teams) can't take 2 in a row, etc? It's getting really old this month with one of the massive teams (which is another issue).

So true. Last wipe I raided most of garrisons close to despawn(5-10min) but this wipe its hard to do even one per 1-3 days. From what I've noticed, one team dominate almost all of the server events.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

I agree with Tiff in that a type of camping has been really common this wipe on AU Scourge with the Garrison, and seems to be getting worse each wipe, that as soon as the garrisons spawn, literally within 30 seconds to two minutes its been destroyed.
It is often been by the same person or small groups who TP there immediately.

Maybe some solutions could be:

1. Adding varying numbers and types NPCs inside in each level of garrison.

2. Different styles, strengths and levels of garrisons still spawning hourly, but the material it is made from is randomised, e.g.:

• Wood, impervious to C4 and rockets, but not shotguns/satchels, incendiary bullets... (3 different styles, such as a tower, castle, mansion?)
  • Stone (as per normal raiding ammunition) (3 different styles, such as a tower, castle, mansion?)
  • Metal (as per normal raiding ammunition) (3 different styles, such as a tower, castle, mansion?)
  • HQM (as per normal raiding ammunition) (3 different styles, such as a tower, castle, mansion?) 

3. The idea is to not sicken them of it, but maybe add that extra level of challenge, so its not so EZ for those that exploit it.

Edited by ScarletFox
added in server name
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Garrisons more or less spawn every hour, if garrisons had a more random time that might help curb some camping (the logging in just before the hour & the players who are waiting on the coastline in a mini for garrison to spawn. ) as it did for brad.

• Like 2