Suggestion - Last day of wipe they should enable PvP to allow people to blow off steam and make use of c4 and rockets

BigDaddyAK

As the title states, i was thinking it might be an idea to let people have a bit of fun on the last day of the wipes. by the end of a wipe people have alot of stuff, including rockets, c4, guns and ammo.

People also start to lose motivation cause the 29 days prior to wipe day they have killed bradley 9000 times and oil rig is a 2nd home to them. 

so the idea of letting people put all that loot to use for the last 24 hrs of a wipe would be a good way to keep people interested up until the end and allow them to prepare their base for a potential raid or let players that may not see eye to eye - (which lets face it, there is always tension between a few people come the end of a wipe ) blow off steam and settle who's better.

People have no reason to hold onto anything on the last day of a wipe as its a forced wipe.

Maybe a Poll on discord as to who agrees or disagrees would be a good start?

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

- No

Although last day of wipe is boring to some, there are others that are still doing things to prepare for the next wipe. In my and other people's cases, we run Pumpjacks 24/7 through the wipe, and the last day is usually my big sell day; where I dump all of my LGF into the Black Market for credits going into the next wipe. I would be devastated to lose all that work right at the end of the wipe.

We do hold events on the server, every so often. Some of those are PvP. However, the server should remain PvE apart from these events. I'm also (fairly) certain that staff is still working to give us more things to do, in terms of being able to use PvP items like C4, Rockets, etc. It looks like the Garrisons plugin was disabled this wipe, maybe that will eventually come back with some better loot for us to raid to.

• Like 3

If you have a group of friends that wants to do a purge/raid/loot day, one workaround is: last day of wipe, you can have each other authorize on the tool cupboards, then "raid" each other that way.

A lot of people have specific rituals and things they like to do the last day of wipe, and a purge or full server PVP event would just completely ruin that. I'm fairly certain this idea has been brought up many times and vetoed because of this.
It might however be potentially possible for admins to run a PVP event close to the end of wipe where you can bring your own gear. Like a PVP/deathmatch arena, or one where you could bring and use your own gear. I know US Scourge has had Deathmatch arena events before. Approach one of your server admins and see what they say about it.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, alexanightfire said:

If you have a group of friends that wants to do a purge/raid/loot day, one workaround is: last day of wipe, you can have each other authorize on the tool cupboards, then "raid" each other that way.

A lot of people have specific rituals and things they like to do the last day of wipe, and a purge or full server PVP event would just completely ruin that. I'm fairly certain this idea has been brought up many times and vetoed because of this.
It might however be potentially possible for admins to run a PVP event close to the end of wipe where you can bring your own gear. Like a PVP/deathmatch arena, or one where you could bring and use your own gear. I know US Scourge has had Deathmatch arena events before. Approach one of your server admins and see what they say about it.

Hope this helps!

I agree with alexanightfire.

If you want to make use of your c4, rockets, and all that good stuff go ahead and give each other tc access that way you can actually do damage and have that kind of experience. 

Having a pvp EVENT near the end of the wipe would be pretty cool to see, we could get together to build an arena or something of that nature. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Some very good responses here, not much to add except we normally do run server wide events for prizes and/or RustEZ store credit,   some of these are PVP. Those events unfortunately have been put on pause for the time being to keep server performance at its best with the influx of so many new people.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

One of the things I love about the server is that there is no purge/pvp on the last day! 🙂 I wouldn't build the way I do (a nice home style place with stables, garage, garden etc like a real life one) if I knew someone was going to blow it up on the last few days 😞 That would be heartbreaking! Sounds silly probably, but I like the fact its stress free and I can build and not worry about it being defensive against a war 🙂 I still lock everything I need to, but I love building that way and would hate for it to change 😞  I know it all goes away at the wipe, but I film our house, remember memories, see what I'll do differently next time 🙂 It's nicer to know it just vanishes into the void, rather than getting blown up :S  

I do however like the pvp idea said above 😄 That'd be fun! You could prepare and get in there and know what you're going into type thing 🙂 

Maybe those zone/dark dome things that I've seen on other servers (before I found scourge), that have an npc base that spawn randomly inside a dark dome that you can raid? That'd be fun too! Get to learn how to raid a base without someone smooshing you before you even arrive to learn xD Specially if you're new and haven't done it before! Still pve that way I think, as its players against the environment 🙂 It wouldn't be pvp exactly either 🙂 (I don't know how those mods work tho, forgive me if I'm wrong with the details of it)

• Like 1