Bases destroyed 10 days of absence

SW4MP

Hello everyone.

Recently, I have come to realize from what the Admins say, that the bases of players with +10 days of absence are destroyed / cleaned up.

Just to be informed and since I have been absent for a considerable time (since September 2020), is this a new server rule that is registered in the regulations?

I am questioning this because, as we all know, the peak of players on our servers, typically is in the first days of Wype, normally, after time passes, the flow of players will decrease but does not mean that there are no new players joining the our server.

What do you mean by that?

I think that destroying bases that are "too much" or too large, such as a player who occupies a complete island, I agree with that and am an advocate of a limit of TC's per player.

Now destroying bases for absence, I do not agree, the map is much more "ugly" because it is very empty and gives the impression to new players who are joining a ghost server.

What you're referring to is our Inactive Purge system. It was implemented this wipe to clean up the bases of inactive players on our servers. The intention being to improve server performance and stability, and destroy entities that were not being used.

If you find yourself inactive for a long period of time, it's your own fault. In a way, the system is similar to Base Decay on our decay-enabled servers, except all you had to do is login to not get destroyed.

1 hour ago, SW4MP said:

Now destroying bases for absence, I do not agree, the map is much more "ugly" because it is very empty and gives the impression to new players who are joining a ghost server.

I argue the contrary- I much more enjoy a map with bases that are actually active or being upkept, rather than endless streams of twig buildings across every grid. Not to mention, the spaces that are opened up by inactive purge can be taken by other, potentially more active players coming along, or those who are looking to expand their current bases.

• Like 4

As Skudrunner said above, the system is called inactive purge. An explanation of what it is can be found in the FAQ at this link: https://rustez.com/faq/question/58-how-does-inactive-purge-work/

It is usually set to 10 days, but due to the massive influx of new players this month, it was reduced accordingly to help lower overall entity count and improve server performance.

The map will probably seem most empty at the beginning of wipe, as it is before players have had a chance to build, and the last few days before wipe. This could be either because players have not been active in a long time (and therefore have had their builds be inactive purged), or they choose to tear them down themselves in preparation for the new wipe. The map might seem odd and empty in places, but usually is not like that for very long.

Hope this helps clear things up a bit!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SW4MP said:

Recently, I have come to realize from what the Admins say, that the bases of players with +10 days of absence are destroyed / cleaned up. Just to be informed and since I have been absent for a considerable time (since September 2020), is this a new server rule that is registered in the regulations?

No, it is not a new rule.

Inactive Purge was implemented on EZ servers Oct 2019.  Inactive purge is an important part of managing entity lag on the servers. The inactive Purge system uses team and auth checks to ensure little to no impact to active players. 

3 hours ago, SW4MP said:

I think that destroying bases that are "too much" or too large, such as a player who occupies a complete island, I agree with that and am an advocate of a limit of TC's per player. Now destroying bases for absence, I do not agree, the map is much more "ugly" because it is very empty and gives the impression to new players who are joining a ghost server.

I agree that it might look different to a new player joining after an inactive purge runs on a server, but honestly.... I'd rather see players who are logging in every 1-2 days for an entire wipe have the ability to spend hundreds of hours in a base they love (and not have additional restrictions imposed on them) than keep a hundred "wipe days" bases hanging around for players who join once and never return, just to avoid "ugly" 🙂

• Like 5