lx Secondary/P. Murt Banned US Pure (3 days)

• Staff

Offender: lx Secondary/P. Murt  Steam ID  BM ID
Server: US Pure
Time: 2/3/2021  6:26 PM
Length: 3 days
Reason: Political Imagery and refusal to comply with server rules

More Info: Attempted to talk with the player about changing their profile image as it was a political figure. Player immediately became argumentative saying that it shouldn't count as political. After rediscussing the same rule a few times he asked for a "manager". The head admin popped in and explained the same rule and still tried to argue it. Player had to be muted just to listen. After unmuting we explained that we would be kicking them so that they could change their picture and if they rejoined without changing it, they would receive a ban. A few moments later they rejoined with the same picture but a new name,.

• Staff

There was no mention of your previous username as it was in compliance with server rules, so I'm not sure where the confusion with that came from. As stated in the ban report, when you rejoined the server, you had changed your username and kept your profile image. This was noticed by multiple members and admin online at the time.

As i stated, i have never changed my gamer picture before, and if i have its been 6+ years. I changed both. Death (the admin) seemed to understand the confusion, im not sure why you don't. i am asking the you lift this ban so i may continue to play Rust without interruption. 

• Staff

I am sorry you feel this as biased and unfair. Rust ez has a policy of no politics or controversial content, that is profile pic, name, imagery, chat and content. You switched your profile picture but then changed your ingame name to one that is political. She is the admin that placed the temporary ban which is just and will remain in place. Your ban will expire in 3 days or may be extended for longer duration if you do not change your name. 

I get that you said that my name wasn't political but now it is. Neither of you have said how/why it is political. i changed my steam name to resemble my real name because i was under the impression that i should change it too. My real name is Pat (Patrick) Murphy. P. Murt sounds better then P. Murph. (in my opinion)

Edited by P. Murt

You all are targeting for reasons unknow to me. There are multiple people interacting with staff on discord with political profile pictures and nothing is being done. as well as people having signs up for days with political propaganda and again nothing is being done. 

• Staff

With the temporary ban in place I will now lock this thread. Harassment, hate speech, racism, abuse or political discourse will not be tolerated. No controversial or politically-forward verbiage and/or imagery this includes names as well as signs.

I hope to see you online and in accordance with the servers rules and policies.