Car Limit (2 or 3 per team)

arachne

I'm suggesting a 2 or 3 car limit for team. A team of 8 can still farm with 3 cars.

The only problem I see with this is roll playing maybe a used car dealer. Maybe give the person with more than 3 cars, 3 days to sell it?? I'd love to hear what other ppl think about the idea because at least on this server, it seems like a daily issue. 

• Like 4

Yea this is especially an issue on us scourge. Personally I don't use the cars, but I know from chat that plenty of people want one. I've seen some people with 6+ cars in or on their base, it kinda sucks that death went through the effort to increase spawns for them and people used it as an excuse to horde.

• Like 3

I think 1:1 would be fair for personal car. I think if a dealership than it will have to be an automated dealership, which is what I think Death was saying last time he was speaking about this topic on scourge. To expand on the topic I believe that it should also be ok for someone to pick up a car and flip it without storing it for X amount days because there is always demand.

Edited by birbperson
  • Like 3

Yes I agree. People who hoard cars with the sole purpose of having a lot of cars is a problem. The people who sell cars should also abide by a set limit per team aswell. Not sure how the limit would be decided when theres teams of 2 and also teams quite a lot larger. If a team of 2 has 3 cars its uneeded but if a team of 6 has 3 cars is it okay?  Might have to have the rule be for teams under 4 only 2 cars and teams above 4 can have 3? No matter what happens IMO there really needs to be a rule on this.  Just my two cents on the situation. Thanks for sharing your inputs.

• Like 3

Agreed! 

It's not OK to hoard world spawn items and prevent others from enjoying this aspect of the game.  if we see someone stockpiling cars, we'll remove the vehicles from their base (leaving an appropriate number for the player or team) to allow the cars to respawn in the wild.

Car dealerships are a pretty big part of the player economy. We're using 10 as a guideline for shops and only if players automate it to ensure the vehicles can be purchased when the shop owner is offline. This also may change as we look at how many vehicles are spawning and the impact it has on gameplay and how many players are setting up this kind of shop on a specific server.

It will take a bit to balance it. Death has increased car spawns and also mentioned some work on the garage system that will help improve this in the future.

As always, feel free to ping an admin on your server, or message me (on the site or Discord) with the info if you see it going on and we miss it. 

Please keep the feedback and comments coming in on this!

• Like 2
  • Love 2