Cars should be sold in /shop

AlexanderTheWolf

On US Scourge(and other servers, or so I've heard) there is a rampant problem with people hoarding cars that spawned on roads, some ppl will sell them, but for insane prices most casual players can't afford, I propose that cars be added to the /shop menu as a buy able item like the mini helicopter, scrap helicopter, and boats, this would fix the issue of not enough cars to go around, and keep people from hoarding natural spawned ones, as there would be no point. 

• Like 2

Car spawns were buffed by 20% a wipe ago, there should be cars spawning in regularly. if a player has more than ten cars in a shop, or is hoarding for personal use, do let your admin know and they will take steps to resolve this issue. Please note the spawned in cars may look on fire. They are repairable with a hammer and some wood, HQM and engine parts.

• Like 2

I can appreciate the buff to the spawn rates, but despite that, I nor any other player I've talked to, have been able to find a car since wipe, and I've been told there are players with 25+ cars in their garage. Do bases built directly on the side of the roads prevent spawning, as there are alot of bases in such places?

there is an air car drop available in the cash shop for $1.80 atm if that helps you ? also I bought a car for 300 scrap, most expensive was 700, I even offered to buy you one if it would help you ? I don't think this is outside of a casual players capability I earnt that scrap in 30 mins at most, I feel also that there are multiple groups who roleplay the car salesman, its what they enjoy in the game, if this was to become a thing, I feel it needs to be like a small car that does not infringe on current car sale roleplay etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

the air car drop doesn't have storage, doesn't make roadkill (or at least in scourge it doesn't kill zombies.) but it is fast and fits in your backpack.
There are some places near the road you can't build and sure enough it's where stuff spawns in, i've also heard of possible base destruction because barrels etc spawned in the same spot (it was given as a possibilty of why someone's base disappeared last wipe.)
You could always buy the cheapest car and then craft what you need or outsource from somewhere else the bits you want.

If someone wants to RP a salesman, maybe RP back and ask for a lower price and more features 😉 politely of course.