toxic server

Hawkwolf78

Because it's becoming too toxic for people and people are leaving the server.  @(US) Survival it's supposed to be a community where people get along with one another and is becoming very toxic. It is turning into the wild west in the PVE server survival because people are stealing people's helicopters left and right. I'm starting to see more toxicity in the Pve server. We're a lot of PVPer are come to the server and start arguments something has to change.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:17 PM, Hawkwolf78 said:

I am suggesting that something needs to be done. 

On the server to change the hostility on it.

every time there is a report of toxic misbehavior to our Green Team, they deal with it within 1-5 minute span

If you suggesting to put filter on who joins the server and who cannot

I don't think such way exist anywhere, people are free to join this server and our community with 100% warm embrace and welcoming attitude
how people waste those 100% or not is up to them, the only thing we can do, is just laugh off negative attitude (toxicity) and report crime on our server, within our server rule guidelines

and Men in Green will do the rest to the best of their capabilities 

• Like 1

I think that they need to do is introduce filters. On all the servers were if people have several warnings or have been banned multiple. should not be allowed on the servers again. All so something has to be done by the PVP Community coming into the PVE servers. And harassing people on them. seems a lot of them just come on the PVE servers just to cause trouble.don't get me wrong player-vs-player is a good occasion. but once it bleeds into a PVE world then they start to cause issues. that has caused trouble on other servers and should not be allowed to come on PVE servers at all. And I am hoping facepunch Studio adds locks to the Choppers. because there  is a big problem with theft on PVE servers. 

Not only is it pointless to trying to segregate the game types, it would require too much man power. You can't expect the admins to do a thorough search of every single players activity in other servers. What Yami said is correct, report problem people and they will be dealt with. If someone stealing your heli is such a huge deal to you, take out the fuel and lock it up when your not using it. But no, I don't think there should be some filter or something to stop people from coming into the servers, that's what EAC is for. 

• Like 1

Hello there,

Sorry to hear about the negative experiences you have been having. As the commenters above have posted, the best way to combat these issues is by letting admins know when someone is being toxic or breaking the rules. If there is no admin available in-game, please post in #help on Discord and tag the server you are on, for example @(US) Survival, so that you can be connected with the appropriate admins. We are volunteers and cannot be everywhere all the time, so unless these situations are reported, we cannot act on them.

I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention players with multiple warnings and bans should not be allowed to play. Warnings and bans are given out on a case-by-case basis, with the exception of the chat filters, by the admins. Depending on what happened, first-time offenders are not always banned immediately but just given a warning, to give people a chance to follow the rules and adapt to the servers. If a player who has been temporarily banned gets a second ban, it is almost always permanent, so they would not be back on the servers anyways. A lot of good players and people received a warning or two early on in their time in RustEZ servers as they made the adjustment to PVE playstyle, and are now upstanding and helpful members of the community.

When a PVP player comes on just to troll around, the best bet is to just let them say their piece and not react. They often do it just for a few seconds of attention, and as they say, if they trolls aren’t fed, they leave quickly. If they are being abusive, racist or sexist, or otherwise breaking rules, let an admin know immediately so that we can deal with the situation.

You mentioned earlier that you were playing on US Survival. Our modded servers (Survival and Scourge) do have a locking feature for minicopters and scrap helicopters. Ones bought with credits from /shop come to you as a flare. When the flare is thrown, the vehicle drops slowly from the sky, and is locked to whoever throws it. Minicopters and scrap helis from Bandit Camp can be stolen if flown around directly from Bandit Camp, but just fly them away a safe distance, and hit them with a salvaged hammer to store the vehicle as a flare. Then, as I said before, these flares can be thrown, locking the vehicle to whoever throws it. In this way, stealing minis and scrap helis should be a non-issue on our modded servers.

I hope this helps clear up some things.

-Alexa

• Love 3