Restrict Build Size to Reduce Lagging

BenchedGamer

This is in regards to Survival US.

I could be wrong but I believe build size of some these bases are causing lag especially around Starlite and the road next to Starlite. Driving is impossible and I paid for a car. I have lost 4 mincopters due to lag. It usually happen as it loads in these bigger base areas.

Is it possible to add a Building Restriction mod, so everyone has a smoother experience?

• Like 1

There's a big lag problem in the Aussie server as some people just have like a thousand pumpjacks all in one tiny area.

then those people usually whine bitch and moan about windmills or something either in utter denial or just trying hard to pretend it's not them causing the lagging but everyone else.

I HIGHLY  support putting a limit on how many physical moving objects you can have in game on your base. Pumpjacks windmills and the like. One pumpjack is all you will ever really need, windmills aren't really a problem, but we could limit them to two or three. per base.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, laffett said:

There's a big lag problem in the Aussie server as some people just have like a thousand pumpjacks all in one tiny area.

then those people usually whine bitch and moan about windmills or something either in utter denial or just trying hard to pretend it's not them causing the lagging but everyone else.

I HIGHLY  support putting a limit on how many physical moving objects you can have in game on your base. Pumpjacks windmills and the like. One pumpjack is all you will ever really need, windmills aren't really a problem, but we could limit them to two or three. per base.

Kinda depends on what server. Pure, 1 pumpjack may not suffice depending on what you're doing but on Scourge and Survival where you can upgrade it to 10 now, for sure. 

3 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Kinda depends on what server. Pure, 1 pumpjack may not suffice depending on what you're doing but on Scourge and Survival where you can upgrade it to 10 now, for sure. 

I have one singular level 3 pumpjack, I give away fuel CONSTANTLY, I use it in every quarry, I make excess medicine, and use it to light my house and I still have an excessive overabundance at the end of wipe. What could you possibly be doing that requires that much fuel?

Just now, laffett said:

I have one singular level 3 pumpjack, I give away fuel CONSTANTLY, I use it in every quarry, I make excess medicine, and use it to light my house and I still have an excessive overabundance at the end of wipe. What could you possibly be doing that requires that much fuel?

Just saying that on Pure, pumpjacks aren't upgradeable so some people may need or want more than 1. On the other two types, yeah 1 should be enough since you can upgrade it to 10. Some people just use it for net worth. Mines only a 2 and still plenty to run quarries and keep itself replenished.

2 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Just saying that on Pure, pumpjacks aren't upgradeable so some people may need or want more than 1. On the other two types, yeah 1 should be enough since you can upgrade it to 10. Some people just use it for net worth. Mines only a 2 and still plenty to run quarries and keep itself replenished.

I did forget to address that. Yeah, if you could just upgrade pumpjacks up past five... I mean, I have no problem with it so long as you only have one and it's not lagging me to shit, but still.... I am confused as to how you need thousands upon thousands of times more fuel than you could ever spend.

• Like 1

@rubiks-q-bert i dont think anything could be done to Pure. I might be wrong but I believe Pure is completely untouched.

On survival and scourge that allows the ability to upgrade to LV10, no one should have more than 1 pump jack and 1 quarry. I have just that and my containers are full of resources.

15 hours ago, laffett said:

One pumpjack is all you will ever really need, windmills aren't really a problem, but we could limit them to two or three. per base.

I completely agree. A LV10 quarry is pumping so much that I have containersss full of resources now. I have also learned that lights cause issues. So maybe a mod that looks at the TC and has a maximum allowed blocks attached to it.

1 hour ago, BenchedGamer said:

@rubiks-q-bert i dont think anything could be done to Pure. I might be wrong but I believe Pure is completely untouched.

On survival and scourge that allows the ability to upgrade to LV10, no one should have more than 1 pump jack and 1 quarry. I have just that and my containers are full of resources.

Yeah I started on Pure. They may not be able to use a plugin but they could make an enforceable rule about it.

I think the big problem here is mostly that the owners of the servers get literal actual cash every time someone buys from the store, so limiting that is something they don't want to do, so we should try and propose AROUND that so we can improve the game and the servers don't lose any revenue.

This is our most likely path to success.

This is the plugin I had originally found but the plugin hasn't been updated in 2 years. 

https://umod.org/plugins/building-restriction

Building Restriction will automatically remove building blocks (when placed) that have reached the configured maximum building height, when built in water, or if the maximum number of foundations has been reached. Each restriction can be enabled/disabled via the configuration file.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's past time there were more restrictions on builds, they are out of hand. Restrictions on the number of windmills, water catchers, furnaces etc. that can be placed. People build massive farm bases to get in game currency, so maybe  consider adding a limit to how much you can earn via the black market to discourage this also.

One of the issues, is the server currency or points that people get from selling the resources with this auto-farming.

If you sell stone, or LGF in that store, you get points. So they are not satisfied with the point they have to teleport or to buy the smoke signals for mini or attack heli.

I personally think removing the ability of selling those resources would limit those mega quarry/Pumpjack farms.

It should be more rewards from felling a tree and hitting nodes, than going offline and logging in every few hours to move your stuff. But you can automate a lot of it with the sync pipes too. Hitting barrels as well. People who actually leave their base or their compounds should be rewarded more than people who auto-farm.

Going to get a lot of negative feedback on this suggestion lol

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...