rules hard to see

gryff

the rules are almost a scavenger hunt to find, i was banned for a "political" sign, and when i was told to see the rules and was told to go to the FAQ and i found the "how do i find the rules" which told me to look at the server tab which said nothing about the political rules, after more searching for 20 or so minutes i found the rule in the announcments tab. i appealed my ban because i didnt see the rule listed, but it was declined because i didnt do a 3 hour scavenger hunt for the rules., which i still havent seen a full list of them all. so maybe make all the rules in one spot so i know what i can and cannot do when making signs that say "the communist peoples republic of the bush" i dont plan to rejoin this server, but to prevent power hungry robot admins maybe optimize your website or something, idk im not a pro at rust.

rust hours.png

• Staff

The issue here is not about rules placement. An admin had informed you it was against the rules, and instead of changing the sign, you argued with them for half an hour and finally pleaded with the admin to ban you.

Our rules are available in the server's description, in the chat with /rules and /info for our modded servers, as well as our connect page. We're unable to list micro rules in the server description due to the character limit. If an admin, someone devoted to enforcing server rules, says something is against the rules, that's a good indication that it is indeed against the rules.

I'm not sure what your endgame was after telling an admin they'd have to ban you because you weren't willing to remove your sign? I'm sure if you actually put effort into an appeal instead of blaming everyone but yourself for an issue you created, you'd have a great chance at having your ban reduced or even lifted. I hope this information serves you well.

29 minutes ago, Death said:

The issue here is not about rules placement. An admin had informed you it was against the rules, and instead of changing the sign, you argued with them for half an hour and finally pleaded with the admin to ban you.

Our rules are available in the server's description, in the chat with /rules and /info for our modded servers, as well as our connect page. We're unable to list micro rules in the server description due to the character limit. If an admin, someone devoted to enforcing server rules, says something is against the rules, that's a good indication that it is indeed against the rules.

I'm not sure what your endgame was after telling an admin they'd have to ban you because you weren't willing to remove your sign? I'm sure if you actually put effort into an appeal instead of blaming everyone but yourself for an issue you created, you'd have a great chance at having your ban reduced or even lifted. I hope this information serves you well.

Se,e it is about the rules and where to find them, because the admin that banned me told me it was against the rules and i had read every rule that was available for me to see, when I asked the admin to find the rule for me she was unable and just said "but its a rule" which to someone who is new and read every rule that is listed for them to see other than "micro rules" (which seem to carry the same weight as every other rule) seems suspicious that it'd a power hungry admin. if I was given proof it was a rule I would have listened, and you also expect me to learn the rules while banned when the only place ive been told to find the rules is by joining your server and typing /rules, not sure if you know this but its impossible when you're banned to do that.

• Staff
44 minutes ago, gryff said:

Se,e it is about the rules and where to find them, because the admin that banned me told me it was against the rules and i had read every rule that was available for me to see, when I asked the admin to find the rule for me she was unable and just said "but its a rule" which to someone who is new and read every rule that is listed for them to see other than "micro rules" (which seem to carry the same weight as every other rule) seems suspicious that it'd a power hungry admin. if I was given proof it was a rule I would have listened, and you also expect me to learn the rules while banned when the only place ive been told to find the rules is by joining your server and typing /rules, not sure if you know this but its impossible when you're banned to do that.

You're missing the point. An admin instructed you it was against the rules, instead of making changes you insisted on challenging their call and then told them to ban you because you weren't willing to remove the sign. Stop making this an issue. If you want to appeal, just appeal. Arguing with me about server rules I help curate is not going to contribute to your situation at all.

• Staff

Actually, I told you (and your friend/teammate when they asked) exactly where the addendum to politics was located. Even after I stated where to find it, you still struggled to comprehend this rule.

As death and I have both stated, the majority of the rules are also found on the server connect page, which you can access regardless of your status on the server. 

I also explained to you that we’re limited in what we’re able to place in these locations and that’s why it was located on the forums rather than the connect page. I directed you as much as I could before it got to a point where you were trying to waste both of our time, and I put my foot down.

Its a shame you’re still struggling with this, but we can only help you so much. You have hit a point where an admin, a head admin and the admin who maintains RustEZ have all laid things out for you very clearly. It’s time to reflect on that and everything that has been said.