Add more to /shop

rubiks-q-bert

This has been a pretty constant conversation and I know it's been brought up here before but I was nominated on EU Scourge to write something up.

It would be great to see some more useful items added to /shop. Nothing overpowered as I know there would be concern of rushing to endgame to fast. Separate tabs maybe.

Tools - Hatchet, Pickaxe, Salvaged Hammer
Weapons/Ammo - I think the current weapons are fine but maybe add in a custom smg and ammo (handmade shell, and pistol bullets) and maybe a combat knife.
Misc - LGF, More clothing options, bandages. Maybe some simple lights for those that don't do garrisons or can't because of campers/farmers. Maybe some seasonal things?

Just more useful stuff. Networth is super easy to accrue but not near enough to do with it.

Edited by rubiks-q-bert
  • Like 2

If networth is too easy to accrue. Stop using endless pumpjack levels and quarries. 

That is the problem I keep seeing, people buy all of these pumpjacks. Have no real need for it other than accumulating points or currency or whatever they are called as there is nothing to spend it on. Not sure what the fun is in that. I bought them at the beginning because I thought it was cool, but grew out of them.

And other than that people keep building huge bases that span across multiple grids that used to be against the rules, but seems to be OK for some reason now. The issue with the networth is they survive wipes, and you could spawn everything you need from all that accumulation. 

1 hour ago, aNoNiM said:

If networth is too easy to accrue. Stop using endless pumpjack levels and quarries. 

That is the problem I keep seeing, people buy all of these pumpjacks. Have no real need for it other than accumulating points or currency or whatever they are called as there is nothing to spend it on. Not sure what the fun is in that. I bought them at the beginning because I thought it was cool, but grew out of them.

And other than that people keep building huge bases that span across multiple grids that used to be against the rules, but seems to be OK for some reason now. The issue with the networth is they survive wipes, and you could spawn everything you need from all that accumulation. 

1. Please don't clutter up my post with unconstructive comments.

2. Don't assume. I don't use endless pumpjacks for networth. I run 1 level 2 pumpjack which feeds sulfur quarry and my heli. I've accumulated 1 box of LGF that went to networth. I've used every bit of the rest.

3. That bit about buildings is completely irrelevant to the topic.

4. There is no "issue" with networth besides there is nothing worthwhile to spend it on. I'm not asking to have m2's and c4 added. Just something...

Edited by rubiks-q-bert

• Staff

I can't think of much that would go into the Black Market, at best perhaps a Salvaged Axe  to go with the hammer, if it's more I wouldn't care so much it'll be there if you're particularly desperate when starting out.

There does need to be some sort of sink for people who have accrued and are holding onto a lot of net worth. Though equally important not to add anything that might make playing/farming a certain thing entirely obsole.

so the following maybe?

-Vending Machine

- Fishing Rod

-Carlift (Available at Bandit Camp but apparently a lot of newbies say they have trouble maintaining their vehicles?)

Possibly some stuff from Rust EZ store but pricing them high enough that it's a reward for reaching a high amount of Networth if people really choose to spend it. (Pumpjacks?)

Not good but that is the best I can think of at 09:14am before I've slept for a nigh shift later.

• Like 1

• Staff

I'd prefer not adding tools to the shop as it kind of defeats early game. The black market will be redone sometime this year, I'm just not sure what it will sell at the moment. It will likely be different every day to not completely de-value the items it is selling.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Death said:

I'd prefer not adding tools to the shop as it kind of defeats early game. The black market will be redone sometime this year, I'm just not sure what it will sell at the moment. It will likely be different every day to not completely de-value the items it is selling.

I can see that, which is why I only mentioned lower grade tools but I agree. It's more just adding something of note. Adding to the great idea of it changing, maybe only a special tab that changes? Keeping what's there I think is fine.

• Like 1