Pumpjack & Quarry Looting Inquiries

CTG

I notice there's different stuff in the fields on the menu that were not there when last I played (2018-2019), though I am curious even though we have a cupboard around our quarry/pumpjack can people still take the fuel to power them or the product pumped out? I inquire because I dropped 850 fuel into a quarry, left for the night, came back 3 hours later and it was all gone, I only had 8,000 stone in a box. I felt for 850 fuel that doesn't seem right. I also had a cupboard up. So curious how this works. Are people who have theirs in the bare just trusting someone isn't going to take their fuel/supplies? Suppose I don't trust that easily if that's the case. 

Feedback on this is appreciated so I understand how it works now and what I need to do to protect my asset if anyone can dip in and take their fill; or if it's posted elsewhere and answers both questions, and those designs are still in action. 

Appreciate it. 

I am on PVE Pure I believe. I think maybe the fuel just disappears that quickly, but I am curious if anyone can take the fuel out of the quarry/pump jack in case I leave it on for long durations while logged out. 

• Staff

Is your in game name also CTG? If so, I believe you actually play on US Survival.

On the Pure servers, quarries inventories are instanced. This means that no one can access what you put in or what it generates. The pump jacks however are not. Their inventories are accessible by everyone, so if you have a personal pumpjack you should enclose it. If you’re using a public one located at a monument, you need to stay with it while it processes. 

I only admin for US Pure so I cannot answer for how they behave on the Scourge or Survival servers. 

55 minutes ago, CTG said:

Yeah I just checked it’s survival. Using a personal one. Alright that’s a bummer but I’ll enclose it when I get enough resources. Thanks for the help and answers to the questions. 

You don't need to enclose it on survival and scourge. Just need to have a tc that covers input and output, so somewhere in the middle of it. Which you will have to pick up your pumpjack first and then put down a tc. If you do it right you can actually place the pumpjack that it hides the tc so no one can mess with it.

Hello CTG, i am one of the admins for US Survival.  I checked loot logs for all entities and containers associated with your quarry and pumpjacks and did not find any other players that accessed them.  I also saw that your quarry is outputting HQM and stone.  Considering you havent upgraded the quarry, 8000 stone sounds about right for the output for that amount of fuel, so im assuming the only thing yourr're missing is the HQM?

No, I just realized it’s a lot less than what I remember it being. 850 fuel only nets about that much it seems. I last played this server a while ago, was probably different then. There weren’t scalable quarries and such then. 

Edited by CTG