Camping/Farming Brad/Heli/Garrisons

rubiks-q-bert

Beating a dead horse bringing this up but some suggestions on at least Brad and Garrison.

I'm aware that Brad is on the to do list, but until then, why not institute of the queue plugins. Was made aware of one by an admin that can limit how many times it's done in a day, only the person whose turn it is can do damage, will kick you from the queue if you don't engage within X time after the plugin notifies you that he has spawned.

Also aware that Garrisons are on the do list but something has to be done about those. That is the most constant complaint I see on the forums and discord. Using those 1x foundations with a bag and TC to get to them is really just a form of camping... There needs to be some enforceable rules so more people can experience them. Not allowing those buildings would be a start. If an admin sees one, knock it down. I do my fair share to be sure, but I also give away and teach people how to do them. I'm all for more people knowing the content. 

Helis, I doubt much can be done about that unless there is a plugin that can limit how many you can do, but then that might interfere with the called in ones.

I'm fully aware the rules on camping and that farming isn't against the rules (unless being consistently disruptive to others gameplay) per the following FAQ's. But that doesn't seem to stop people. Admins obviously can't be on all the time so some plugins would be great.

https://rustez.com/faq/question/68-can-i-camp-in-loot-areas/

https://rustez.com/faq/question/69-can-i-report-players-who-hog-monuments/

• Like 2

I have been back on EU Scourge for a few days. I have not seen Brad once (only the unfarmed debris).  I don't know what is planned,  but would it be possible to send out a server wide announcement of the players that damage it ? At least that way it would be easier for the community to police themselves by calling out people that are obviously preventing others from having a shot at it.

5 hours ago, Mongo said:

I have been back on EU Scourge for a few days. I have not seen Brad once (only the unfarmed debris).  I don't know what is planned,  but would it be possible to send out a server wide announcement of the players that damage it ? At least that way it would be easier for the community to police themselves by calling out people that are obviously preventing others from having a shot at it.

Calling people out publicly would create some toxicity and animosity I would wager. It's all logged on the admin side so if reported, they can check. If you suspect someone or a group of camping, report them to Cartmon, Jamesy, or Mackfrost. If they aren't on, tag the server in discord in help and someone will follow up with you.

• Love 1

• Staff

it would be worth having a garrison event where learning how to do garrison was the focus. An observation from the few months i've played is that many who do garrison are mostly happy to share and show new players but then also use it as a kind of excuse or reasoning of why that one didn't count (or why they do many.) The same can be said for brad/heli, those who find the fun in the battle or doing damage but then not caring for the loot... personally it just seems a bit of waste, a lost opportunity for someone looking for both. 
A queue has just as much toxicity potential as a public alert. The key is being considerate which isn't enforceable or easily/quickly learnt.

50 minutes ago, TiffDust said:

it would be worth having a garrison event where learning how to do garrison was the focus. An observation from the few months i've played is that many who do garrison are mostly happy to share and show new players but then also use it as a kind of excuse or reasoning of why that one didn't count (or why they do many.) The same can be said for brad/heli, those who find the fun in the battle or doing damage but then not caring for the loot... personally it just seems a bit of waste, a lost opportunity for someone looking for both. 
A queue has just as much toxicity potential as a public alert. The key is being considerate which isn't enforceable or easily/quickly learnt.

I've taught plenty how to do garrisons/brad/heli if they show up when I am there. I'm all for more people knowing the content. I was taught back in March how to do garrisons and I've been paying it forward ever since. How do you mean "why that one didn't count"? There's not a limit on them. To be fair, you can do one garrison and be set for the wipe. It all boils down to networth.

I disagree about the comment about the queue and toxicity. Yeah, people won't like it, including myself, but if it cuts out camping, griefing, and puts a limit on how many people can do in a set amount of time, I'm all for it. 

• Staff
On 6/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, rubiks-q-bert said:

I've taught plenty how to do garrisons/brad/heli if they show up when I am there. I'm all for more people knowing the content. I was taught back in March how to do garrisons and I've been paying it forward ever since. How do you mean "why that one didn't count"? There's not a limit on them. To be fair, you can do one garrison and be set for the wipe. It all boils down to networth.

I disagree about the comment about the queue and toxicity. Yeah, people won't like it, including myself, but if it cuts out camping, griefing, and puts a limit on how many people can do in a set amount of time, I'm all for it. 

you mean there's no limit on how many one person can do within the realms of being a considerate player. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TiffDust said:

you mean there's no limit on how many one person can do within the realms of being a considerate player. 

Yeah. That's another battle entirely... It's in the initial post but you can report a player if they are doing so many it's being disruptive. "If you feel that a player or team is unfairly hoarding monuments/events on your server (i.e., the players repeatedly prevent others from participating and looting), please send us a help ticket."