Networth

rubiks-q-bert

So all the talk in discussion brought up some good talk about networth and the black market. A cap of how much you can make per wipe might help out with the farm builds on scourge and survival considering that's really all it goes towards. Say 150k (or whatever number). Once you've made that much, you won't get anymore for the wipe. In relation to the new black market @Death mentioned, if/when it is implemented, wipe everyone's networth back to default so we all have to start from scratch. 

Yes, it's probably gonna be grumbled at but whatever. I have 1.8 mil almost and I'm all for it. Fresh slate. Lets go.

• Like 2

Wiping everyone's networth? No, I would not at all support that. It'd be incredibly unfair to those who really have worked for it.
Some folks set goals for themselves as well, so capping what they can get .. no. Not the right approach.

As for the changes to the black market, I am very interested to see how things pan out. 

Maybe one of these days I'll hit 10k net worth...

Nah... too lazy... 
Cat Playing GIF

• Love 1

Granny thats the issue that he is suggesting solutions for is the server performance is an issue due to large composter farms and such but the only solution ppl are throwing about is capping the amount of pickles you can place in a composter which is  as you said capping what players can get and as you said ppl have set goals and capping composters is another way to fix the issue but what it will do is cap the people that use it for the right reasons as well as the ones causing the lag.

the issue is people using a unbalanced system simply to gain networth while capping the composters is a solution its a solution that as you said is unfair to the ppl that really work(in this case use) the composters for the right reasons.

it was thrown out as an option to cap composters to 50 pickles at a time by death. you need 54 pickles to make 1 batch of 9 fert which is enough for 1 large planter to be ferted so its a cap that wont even allow 1 planter to be ferted by one composter.

In my opinion capping pickles into composters will only do 2 things. hinder farmers that use them and make people use more composters to reach their same goals which will cause more performance issues.

Edited by TwistedWalkerRed
replying

2 hours ago, Granny said:

Wiping everyone's networth? No, I would not at all support that. It'd be incredibly unfair to those who really have worked for it.
Some folks set goals for themselves as well, so capping what they can get .. no. Not the right approach.

As for the changes to the black market, I am very interested to see how things pan out. 

Maybe one of these days I'll hit 10k net worth...

Nah... too lazy... 

Agree to disagree then. I don't think there is anything wrong with a fresh start if/when a new black market system is put into place. Puts everyone on even ground at the start. But alright, don't wipe it. So what's wrong with capping it then? The whole end game is how much networth can you make which is how we get garrison campers, massive farms, etc. If you limit how much you can make, I think it would result in less camping,  less massive farms, etc. 

So pickles get nerfed, well we already know people will just either find the next best thing to compost or start doing massive farms. 

I respectfully challenge you to find a better solution then if you don't like mine. 

• Like 1

What I said directly addresses the initial suggestions.  Not an official stance, merely my personal opinion. 
If you are willing to put ideas out, you need to be willing to see why something might not work well, or will not work at all.

There will be no easy fix for this issue, but do know, we are all looking at the situation and trying to find something that will work better. 

As always please keep the ideas coming! That is one of the reasons I love this community so much.

• Like 2