Banned EU Pure: Rowdy Romao

Offender(s):
Name - Rowdy Romao
Steam -  https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198099159782
Battlemetrics - https://www.battlemetrics.com/rcon/players/1002536367

Server: EU Pure

Length: 7 days

Reason: Player has received a verbal warning 3 times regarding leaving a player alone after first notice of harassment. After being told 3 times however player then proceeded to block the harassed player in and made pictures of a monkey with a boombox playing straight at his house with monkey noises.

Play showed no intent to stop either as the day prior they were shouting for "gas" at his shop when the gas was empty, shooting the shop and again harassing the player with no good intent.

Screenshot(S):
Play has been base blocking as per next pictures:1360368176_RowdyRomao2.thumb.png.c05f6ce86ea2d7d12c4535c8bba62956.png1545823626_RowdyRomao1.thumb.png.75b755f9ce8f51ab0f374a0267bfddab.png

Monkey on the door of the home:
939113558_RowdyRomao3.thumb.png.c91282920199b97cb5b8c315e8eac9f4.png

Cassette tape that played monkey noises towards the harassed players house:
1542351144_RowdyRomao4.thumb.png.3894d47dfa5bff9c70a41e55b72ccb34.png

"Player has received a verbal warning 3 times regarding leaving a player alone after first notice of harassment..."

The man exclaimed in all chat that I was "harassing" him after I broke a barrel outside of his house, I don't understand how you can claim an entire road by simply living near it and how on earth that's considered harassment. I thought this was absolutely absurd but not surprising, this same person had complained about other players on the street for trivial things like my friend hooting too close (he lives next door) and another for building too close to him. It's frustrating playing a multiplayer game with people who don't enjoy sharing a space and prefer to be toxic and then claim to be the victim. This same individual is the one who we had problems with for stealing Heli loot and looting the recycler at Oxum's Gas Station when we were using it but we dealt with it a lot more civily. He clearly has no desire to enjoy the space with others or even consider the other people in the server.

The reason I've quoted Micheal's report is because I remember the interaction when Hiro called for help. I remember breaking the barrel, him complaining and I dropped the like 8 scrap and whatever object in it while asking what I did wrong, I really didn't care. The interaction was about two minutes and him being toxic in voice chat before going silent (I imagine he muted me). What was said from me was something along the lines of "Dude I really don't care about it, have it. Why are you making me a villain" yada yada... He asked basic questions like "why are you trolling me, why are you even here" and "where are you from?" Thinking he was now being somewhat decent and we were actually conversing I told him I'm from South Africa to which he replied with Monkey noises. Hiro, the player complaining about harassment, repsonded with racism towards me after exaggerating a non-incident over a small sum of scrap coming from public loot. He went silent and ran away shortly after, I imagine knowing what he did was wrong. The moderator "The_Real_Micheal" arrived shortly after and my friends came because I'd told them about the racist kid on our street. So Micheal flies in reprimanding me for harassment and this frustrates me as instead of listening to my side he constantly repeats over me and my friends "I don't care, you both are immature, both of you need to grow up..." and other vague phrases not letting me speak and not realising the other party he was supposedly repirmanding wasn't even present. Micheal was more interested in dealing with the player that had cried over chat about a non-issue that he wouldn't even hear my point and I asked my brother, who's on the Discord and VIP'd to write a complaint about racism thinking he has a bit more leeway as a paying player. I really didn't want to deal with a moderator who had no interest in listening to the player base equally. His "verbal warnings" were talking over me instead of hearing anyone out.

Every person I've interacted with on this server has been immensely nice and decent, I've met some cool people who have joined our discord server as well but the only two people that consistantly spam main chat with complaints, and that other players have issues with, are Hiro and Mendro. I'm certain Micheal will be familiar with both players as it seems they create most of his work as a moderator dealing with trivial issues and becoming toxic after being called out, Mendro all caps ranting in main chat as well as telling me I was a harassing player after their friend responded with racism towards me. Mendro was removed for directly addressing Micheal rudely and questioning his power, the whole thing started when she lost her temper for someone simply entering her air balloon... 

I don't deny taking my retaliation and poetic justice too far but I have a problem with oversensitive individuals who are willing to revert to offensive tactics and cry first to appeal to the person in power. I wish I was recording when the interaction took place but sadly not, I do however have two witnesses to and ask either Hiro goes under investigation for his racist interactions or I strongly suggest a  reanalysis into Micheal's position of moderating power. He was unwilling to hear the opposing party and I don't think disregarding individuals is a desirable characteristic for someone incharge of maintaining peace.

P.S. I actaully didn't realise I was base blocking and apologise for that.

Hello Romao,

Thanks for appealing, and thanks for the explanation.
I do understand your frustration but let me make some things clear:

"The moderator "The_Real_Micheal" arrived shortly after and my friends came because I'd told them about the racist kid on our street. So Micheal flies in reprimanding me for harassment and this frustrates me as instead of listening to my side he constantly repeats over me and my friends "I don't care, you both are immature, both of you need to grow up...""

I have listened to both side of your stories, and the only answer I received from you was what you described now as well but with a less calming voice. Overly annoyed at the fact and instead of being coherent and respectful, proceeding to repeatedly shout and say  "If the player wants to act like this then why do you play a multiplayer game." I reacted in such a manner as both players did not seem to even care what I was saying. Even after saying they should not make such a fuss about a single barrel.

There was plenty of pauses in between you could've voiced what you wanted to but instead kept repeating the same sentences. This is why it ended the way it did end.

and I asked my brother, who's on the Discord and VIP'd to write a complaint about racism thinking he has a bit more leeway as a paying player. I really didn't want to deal with a moderator who had no interest in listening to the player base equally. His "verbal warnings" were talking over me instead of hearing anyone out.

We don't believe in favoritism nor do we care if a player paid or not. We treat everyone equally. If players come to us with issues then of course we listen to the party first that made the initial report. So, if you had come to me first, respectfully explained what and how and even told me what was wrong I'd have listened to your side and would've gladly been able to help you out with your issues you'd have with the player. 

Sadly instead you chose to go the immature way, constantly coming back to the player with a megaphone, shouting around with your friends and even resorting to adding a boombox that plays monkey noises towards his base with a picture of a monkey.

In other words, the way you've dealt with it was not okay, hence why now you are the bad guy in this story. I've given you plenty of choices to tag me, to explain it to me or anything of the sorts. I'm always on discord and a lot in the game, all you should've done is drop me a tag or DM me with info.

Please if you can, provide me with evidence to Hiro's remarks or anything of the sorts. Then I'd gladly look into it.
As right now I've only got evidence from once side that provides me with plenty of info on the state of what you've done.

Kind regards
Michael - EU Pure admin

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

Overly annoyed at the fact and instead of being coherent and respectful, proceeding to repeatedly shout and say  "If the player wants to act like this then why do you play a multiplayer game." I reacted in such a manner as both players did not seem to even care what I was saying. Even after saying they should not make such a fuss about a single barrel.

I think I'm allowed to be annoyed when you are reprimanding one half of the people involved and completely glossing over when I stated he made noises, unles my mic or your headset is broken I definitely brought it up, my friends came there after I mentioned it over discord. Even I was gobsmacked a single barrel caused such an issue, infact the reason I was so inflamatory was because I was met with such rudeness and uncreative *racism* from Hiro over a single barrel on the road near his house. crazy to me. 

12 minutes ago, Michael said:

There was plenty of pauses in between you could've voiced what you wanted to but instead kept repeating the same sentences.

I kept repeating sentences because you arrogantly kept repeating vague phrases over the top of me and had no idea how on earth this non-issue needed to be dealt with.

16 minutes ago, Michael said:

I reacted in such a manner as both players did not seem to even care what I was saying

Both players weren't even there, it was me and my friends. He ran away after I called him out.

18 minutes ago, Michael said:

Sadly instead you chose to go the immature way, constantly coming back to the player with a megaphone, shouting around with your friends and even resorting to adding a boombox that plays monkey noises towards his base with a picture of a monkey.

Yes I know building the house wasn't the right thing to do but seeing as how my complaints went unheard because i didnt bring it up on discord is immensely frustrating, I joined today to see. I've alwasy used a megaphone, payed for the DLC so gonna use it, he's welcome to turn it down or mute me. 

20 minutes ago, Michael said:

I've given you plenty of choices to tag me, to explain it to me or anything of the sorts. I'm always on discord and a lot in the game, all you should've done is drop me a tag or DM me with info.

Which opportunity are you referring to, the one where you told me to stop talking in main chat or where you constantly spoke over me? I wasn't in the discord, didnt know you even had one until my brother mentioned it.

21 minutes ago, Michael said:

Please if you can, provide me with evidence to Hiro's remarks or anything of the sorts. Then I'd gladly look into it.
As right now I've only got evidence from once side that provides me with plenty of info on the state of what you've done.

As I mentioned before, and you know from "verbal warnings" it's hard to produce evidence from unrecorded audio but I do have my brother and friend who were present when i was calling him out on discord.

I've already mentioned how i know i was in the wrong, not a bad guy but don't often complain about issues and so for being a little more robust than a kid crying over a barrel I must pay the price.  I just think telling me I didn't mention the noises is willfully ignorant and because I am white i didnt take it too personally, that is my home country though and i don't apprecaite it. You should have a conversation with Hiro about children spouting racist remarks within your "friendly" server. 

I'd feel a lot more comfortable speaking with another admin who hasn't had a hand in the issue and isn't biased based on past interactions when i was upset from being targetted by uncreative racist remarks. 

Hello again Romao,

I'll take all of this into any future incidents with Hiro.
I completely understand your upset about what has happened, but I can't fact check it.
I will however tell the player Hiro of and provide him with a warning as well, I'll see if I can find anything in the chat and from there use that.

I didn't gloss over anything you have said to me and listened to what you had to say to me.
I've never heard anything regarding racism so I'm sorry if I missed that. As I thought the conversation went nowhere after the same stuff kept getting repeated.

Either way, the 7 days will stand as you rightfully take them as well.
In the meantime I will deal with it in the background with Hiro.

You're a lot more cordial in messages and I appreciate you being so polite but there is no changeing my perception on how the incident was delt with, no doubt I was frustrated over the inflamation of a non-issue but not hearing the opposing side out is not quite peacekeeper material.

I left the general area after you kept repeating the phrases and felt it was going nowhere, I should've made a post in discord or something but I generally avoid bitching and usually just ignore or deal with it until I have a serious issue, makes your guys lives a lot easier too... I think there should be a standard met instead of giving into every little cry about irrelevent crap.

In any case I'll eat the ban with the agreement that you'll talk to and keep an eye on the young player I had the lovely interaction with, epitome of comedy making monkey noises when hearing africa. Will see if the server is still desirable after the ban, not a great experience so far but apologies for further contributing to the issue.

Thanks