Sigma Banned US Scourge

Offender: Sigma (Battlemetrics) (Steam)
Server: US Scourge
Time: 5:13 PM EST
Length: 3 days
Reason: Griefing and harassment.
More Info (Optional):

Player previously had two warnings on their account. One on 06/27/2021 for player disrespect and homophobia, and one on 07/11/2021 for camping Bradley.
Player and their teammates set up at least 20 cassette recorders, hidden in the admin community centre, set to constantly play the dinging noise from Discord. It took me and another admin over an hour to find and dispose of all the recordings, and required us to remove and tear down parts of the build as they were glitched into the walls and the furniture. Without admin tools, the cleanup process would have taken a lot longer. Regardless of who this "prank" was pulled against, it was unacceptable behaviour, and is not something that we want to see turn into a trend on RustEZ servers.

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 5.01.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 5.25.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.53.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.54.14 PM.png

• Like 3

i would also like to appeal my warning of using a slur as a member of the lgbtq community and with a fair few gay friends who all agree that the term i used was not a slur of any sort and i have not found any source of information displaying it as such so im atleast looking at changing it from being a slur in the report to me misunderstanding the communities look on that word since i have never once had it offend anyone and it was even commonly used by the gay members of said community.

thank you for your time.

The warning was for homophobia, which has previously been addressed with you directly. We do not remove warnings; they stay on someone's record permanently. As I explained to you before, if the player gets multiple warnings, we look at the frequency, timing, and severity of them when deciding whether or not a ban is necessitated for a player's actions. Previous warnings are also referenced in a ban report, if a ban report is necessary. 

The term you used to insult another player, while not a direct "slur", was homophobic in nature, and very disrespectful. Absolutely nowhere did I say that it was a slur, so I am not sure what you are referencing. Had the word you used been a slur, by the dictionary definition of the term and on the list of autobanned words the server deals with in the chat filters, it would have been an immediate permanent ban at that moment in time. The word you used was not a slur, but was still homophobic and disrespectful, hence why I made the choice at that time to just give you a verbal warning for your behaviour instead of a ban. 

I hope this clears up any misunderstandings.

• Like 3

When you are using a word that is a sexual identity as part of an insult to degrade, demean , and disrespect another person: that is homophobic. That is disrespectful. That is unacceptable. It does not matter whether or not you are a part of the LGTBQIA+ community, or if it is something that you and your friends think is okay and is commonly used around each other. It is homophobic, disrespectful, and not allowed on RustEZ servers.

• Like 5