Mum, Dad are you OK?

Porkies

When you're a kid and mum and dad argue it all feels wrong, strange. Au Pure feels a bit like that now. We had fantastic involved admins who were helpful and funny. Now several have resigned and there are often periods where there are none actively in game for longer periods. Not to criticize, someone will generally come if @admin is posted but it feels strange compared to what came before but then we were probably spoilt for a while.  Of course Rust Admin isn't an occupation or vocation, and they come and go with the churn of irl commitments, I've done it myself.  However, I can't help the feeling something is wrong with mum and dad and I don't understand why, but dinner is still on the table and the rent is paid so all good, we'll put ourselves to bed. But some of us continue to have this sense that something we don't understand has happened quickly and hope all is well with our marvelous admins.🐷

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

Nothing lasts forever.

Being an admin is a volunteer job, so there are no obligations to be online at set times, or for a minimum amount of time. That being said, however, it is expected to be online for a decent amount of time, or at least  available to respond to in-server issues each month. But IRL obligations come first.

After about 18 month's service as an admin on AU Pure, BadMan wanted a change of pace, and is now chilling out as an admin on AU Survival. Frit0 has family priorites, and has stepped back because she knows she cannot give the role the attention it needs right now. Maybe in the future she will return to the role, but that is her decision. jussy126 was always a planned temporary admin when numbers were short. Havok has full time uni studies, and felt it was unfair to remain an admin while not being able to contribute. _Brap_ lost interest in the game & drifted away.

There still is Lt Dan, Butter, Squog, Predator, and myself as active admins, plus Leadership & cross admins.

But sometimes an admin wants a break from the game, and won't be as active for a while. Better to have a break, than burn out.

Currently, I am on the server right now; and have been for 6.5 hours straight today. I am a shift worker, so there are lots of times that I am not available. But usually I am always watching the server chat via BattleMetrics, and will respond if I am needed and am able.

TLDR: The server & admin team will always be changing as new players join, and old players move on. It is the way of things. Sometimes for good, sometimes for bad, it is the normal way of life. There has been NO arguments within the admin team, some are just having a break.

• Like 4
  • Love 6