Banned [AU] Pure : Frost1ess

• Staff

Offender: Frost1ess (Steam) (Battlemetrics)
Server: [AU] Pure
Time: 21:15 ADST
Length: Permanent until appealed.
Reason: Exceeding 3 Warnings - Building, Looting, Camping Monument x2
More Info:

Offender incurred multiple warnings for:

• looting a sleeper
  • building a large structure
  • camping a monument

In addition to the above prior offences, the offender was evidenced camping a monument from their nearby base (picture attached):

Event Combat Logs

ID       Type       Attackers Concluded           
33525779 Bradley    1         10/18/2021 04:23:29 
33627220 Bradley    1         10/18/2021 05:29:59 
33817511 Bradley    1         10/18/2021 06:43:08 
34039577 Bradley    1         10/18/2021 08:09:55 
34098982 Helicopter 2         10/18/2021 08:38:01 
34240692 Bradley    1         10/18/2021 09:40:18

Combat Log for 33525779

Player   Damage Hits Ammo                 Timestamp       
Frost1ess 1157   9    5.56 Rifle Ammo, High Velocity Rocket 10/18/2021 04:23:29

Combat Log for 33627220

Frost1ess 1124   10   5.56 Rifle Ammo, High Velocity Rocket 10/18/2021 05:29:59

Combat Log for 33817511

Frost1ess 1124   11   5.56 Rifle Ammo, High Velocity Rocket 10/18/2021 06:43:08

Combat Log for 34240692

Frost1ess 1124   9    5.56 Rifle Ammo, High Velocity Rocket 10/18/2021 09:40:18

spacer.png

Hi Squog,

Thanks for the chat before issuing me the ban. 

I would like to apologise for my mistakes I've made.  

I want to clearify for some of the warnings. 

For looting a sleeper. I started play rust with my frients about 1 month ago, eventhough I own this game for a few years. We were new to this game and were not familiar with the grouping system. I didn't get a chance to invite my friends into my group before they went offline. I just took some things from them. I received a warming for this. After the warning, I've actually submitted a ticket trying to clearify things but never got a reply. And I've also asked in chat that whether or not taking things from players in same group is stealing. 

For building bridges. As I said, my friends and I were new to the game. We tried to build bridges but we were not sure what's the appropriate height. Our bridges could be passed by small boats (by that time we didn't know there were fast boats). I demolished the two bridges immediately after receving the warning. 

For camping monument. I've just started to explore monuments on the map about 3 days ago. I started to hunt bradley and found it quite interesting. I built the building to park my minicopter and store some gears inside. I admit initially I was waiting there for bradley to respawn. After the warning from Predator, I stopped camping there. I did bradley 3 in a row today but I wasn't actually camping there. I think my undertanding to "camping" is wrong, and I should have asked what is determined as camping. 

For all the warnings, I've only made the mistakes once except for camping, which I think it's because my understanding to camping is wrong. I know breaking rules multiple times should already get me banned. 

I value this community a lot and I've been trying to be a nice player to others. I apologise for the mistakes I've made. Sorry for ruining other players experience. 

P.S. sorry for my bad english. I've tried my best to writing all this. 

Sincerely,

Frost1ess

• Like 2
  • Staff

Hi Frost1ess,

Thank you for appealing the ban.

After consultation with the admin team, we have collectively decided to repeal your ban on the [AU] Pure server. The ban will be lifted immediately without any pre-requisites.

Key contributing factors to this decision were:

• Your calm temperament during each admin intervention

• Your desire to research and understand the server rules better

• Your attitude towards other players in global chat

Upon your return, please be respectful to other players who wish to participate in events. As a suggestion - try to involve others who do not have the same level of experience with events. Sharing of loot is encouraged in the community, and is a good way to foster meaningful alliances that lead to friendship.

In addition to the above, please do your level best to upgrade your base from twig to any other material. Twig is known to cause more lag than other materials and should only be used as a short-term solution to plan out your base layout.

Have fun and be respectful!

Hi Squog,

Thank you very much for your response. I appologise again for my mistakes. 

I will respect other players wish to participate in any events. And I will not do any monuments twice in a row again. I will also upgrade the base imidiately after logging on.

I do have some thoughts regarding the rules. 

• In my opinion, the rules displayed by typing "/rules" are not so clearly explained. It would be great that a link of detailed rules were added. Because english is not my first language, I may have some misunderstandings to some of the rules. Explanation of rules could make players like me understand some of the rules better. Besides, by clearly defining the rules, different interpretations to the rules can be eliminated. This can reduce the chances of abusing admin power.
  • It would be nice that the rules for the servers are more easily to find on the forums. I had to dig into the FAQs to find some details of the rules such as the definition of camping and issuing warnings. I think by adding a section of rules to the forums, it could make players find them easier.  
  • The warning system and 3 strikes policy is a bit harsh to new players. For new players, they may make mistakes because of not knowing many things in this game. It would be great to not bring mistakes straight to a warning and then 3 strike banning players. 

These are just my thoughts. Thanks again.

Frost1ess

• Like 1