IF possible, might be nice

Lord McGuffin

For the first one, there was. But it was being spammed and flooding chat so they took it out. 

I wouldn't mind windmills as much if people actually used them properly vs on the ground or right on their roof. Which is why they think they need so many. Searchlights are just awful. Take em out of the game...

I agree, there is no need for searchlights on the servers here and should be removed from crafting capabilities. I realize the test generators are a source of needed revenue, but it would be nice if they could also be bought in the black market (even if very expensive) to give options to reducing the windmills. I usually use windmills as part of my usual builds on other servers, but I used solar panels for this wipe and they were enough for my build.

One of the problems too with the amount of windmills. A lot of people don't know how to use power effectively and split their power with splitters and waste a lot of power when they should be using branches to branch out the needed power instead of using splitters. Splitters have their use when you need to split power equality to 2 or 3 parts. Like if you were powering 3 doors, branch out the power to a splitter that splits to the 3 doors. But people are using splitters and waster 30 power here and there. So they just spam more windmills to try and solve their power problems.

Removing splitters until you follow a guide  and pass an exam on how to use them properly would be nice. Also people who do farms and just spam Sprinklers and lights. You only need 2 sprinklers and 2 lights for 6 planters. 2X3. But because people don't know how the water divides and is calculated. They also spam sprinklers.  That is why the huge farms cause lag on the server. Because people just spam as they don't know  how to be efficient, and it just multiplies this problem as they move up and expand said farm.

Another issue, there should be a limit on how many composters one can deploy. How many TC one can deploy, add decay, reduce the stack size in TC. So things would decay naturally. And reduce lag

Edited by aNoNiM

20 minutes ago, aNoNiM said:

One of the problems too with the amount of windmills. A lot of people don't know how to use power effectively and split their power with splitters and waste a lot of power when they should be using branches to branch out the needed power instead of using splitters. Splitters have their use when you need to split power equality to 2 or 3 parts. Like if you were powering 3 doors, branch out the power to a splitter that splits to the 3 doors. But people are using splitters and waster 30 power here and there. So they just spam more windmills to try and solve their power problems.

Removing splitters until you follow a guide  and pass an exam on how to use them properly would be nice. Also people who do farms and just spam Sprinklers and lights. You only need 2 sprinklers and 2 lights for 6 planters. 2X3. But because people don't know how the water divides and is calculated. They also spam sprinklers.  That is why the huge farms cause lag on the server. Because people just spam as they don't know  how to be efficient, and it just multiplies this problem as they move up and expand said farm.

Another issue, there should be a limit on how many composters one can deploy. How many TC one can deploy, add decay, reduce the stack size in TC. So things would decay naturally. And reduce lag

New players. Teach them. Or at least point them to a video or something. Can't expect everyone to know everything right away.

Composters, leave em. Just the ability to sell compost to bandit camp. It's been exploited forever. TC's, don't see how that will solve anything as you can just keep building off of one. Need to limit the size of the builds. Decay is a thing on scourge/survivor but a fraction of vanilla. I'm in favor of it being normal across all servers. Absolutely should turn on decay on Pure. It should be as close to the real thing as possible as that's really the point of pure isn't it?  

Just my thoughts and being open as usual. I think they are afraid if they start limiting stuff, will lose to many people. But it seems like a catch 22. Can't please everyone. But ultimately, needs to be a set in stone rule about buildings. Size and entities. 

I do not think anyone struggles with decay on Scourge or Survival servers. I think standard decay would be fine, but not sure if it would help limit anyone's building as anyone using the various quarries will have all the resources they would ever need. Agree with most that limiting build sizes and deployables tied to a TC would have more impact to server performance though and I would welcome it.