How To Get Rid Of Cars And Keep Everyone Happy

Chinaski

I figured if RUSTEZ can offer us the white cars, RHIBs, rowboats, and both helis, they could offer car chassis for the players that want to build and fix up vehicles. If possible, you could remove cars from the wilderness, as most players would prefer. Maybe offer them on the Black Market, and they could parachute in? All the other parts of vehicles are researchable. Just an idea.

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, rerolltoo said:

lol how do you hoard the cars don't they respawn pretty regular. just wondering as I didn't know this was even a thing.

As long as they're kept on powered lifts, you can store vehicles for an entire wipe, and it's very common for a few folks to grab 8-10 cars and toss them in a garage behind a paywall of 5k-10k scrap. That issue aside, there's a cap count of roughly 60 vehicles per map. With over 100 or so regularly playing players, those vehicles get picked up pretty quickly and used/stored for an entire wipe making any fresh spawns along the road extremely rare. At the end of the day, there will never be enough modular vehicles to go around on a high-pop PVE server.

• Like 1

• Staff

I disagree, only because a lot of folks enjoy the fun of getting vehicles at the start of wipe. I don't think it's fair to disrupt that playstyle for new players starting out.

I would be fine with that if players had a way to obtain them that rust has implemented like boats at fishing villages, horses at the barn or ranch. The purge system in place deals with the inactives that are holding cars, admins deal with players who are hoarding them; at this current time I've not seen issues with spawns we've had plenty of cars around for players to take even with the influx to EU servers.

• Like 2

Removing from the wilderness would not make me happy; cars are most useful in the early stages of a wipe before I have a minicopter, so if it was too difficult to get hold of one then that would make them basically useless to me as anything except toys.

Also I quite enjoy hunting around the map for a good one, or else breaking two or three to get the components I want (then trashing the chassis I don't need so they respawn) 🙂