The REC

Lord McGuffin

Suggestion :

Do not put recyclers at The REC. I just donated a bunch of guns and booms an hour ago, the boxes were full, now they've been completely emptied. Other players have told me they don't donate anymore because this always happens.

If there's no recyclers, then the little s**t bags will have to find one and therefore won't be able to take everything.

It would be a minor inconvenience to ensure that theft is curbed and donations continue.

😉

Edited by Lord McGuffin
  • Like 1

• Staff

These things happen with free boxes unfortunately.  Instead of filling the boxes fully, you can trickle items in to prevent large scale taking of items, or use the drop boxes on site and allow the admin team to work those items into the boxes at a slower rate 🙂

alternately, items can be spread amongst the CC at t8 and the rest area at k6 so everything isnt in one location.

Here I go again being "negative". Being nice is nice but free boxes don't help anyone learn anything. I always tell players, if you want to help, teach, don't give stuff away. At it's core, this game is meant to be a grind. If some new player shows up 2 weeks in and he gets a full kit and guns for free, what's even the point?

• Like 1

• Staff
17 minutes ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

Here I go again being "negative". Being nice is nice but free boxes don't help anyone learn anything. I always tell players, if you want to help, teach, don't give stuff away. At it's core, this game is meant to be a grind. If some new player shows up 2 weeks in and he gets a full kit and guns for free, what's even the point?

Generally as a player i'd only assist someone if they asked for it, and my free boxes were full of "meh" things like tables, tuna can lamps, shelves etc.  

Everyone has their own way if trying to do things, and a periodic trickling of 4-6k wood/stone isnt necessarily "handing out a free pass" 

Players donating to these locations is an awesome way to create interaction between each other, and build friendships/discourage poor behavior through creating those connections, and provide an example to new players of what our servers are about.  Bad eggs will always come and go, however in the long term, if the community helping someone get on their feet is what causes the good players to stay and eventually "grind their own way" the server only becomes better from it.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, rubiks-q-bert said:

100% agree.

As an admin, I have watched NUMEROUS brand new players (first time on an EZ server) come across a donation box with a sign that says something like "only take what you need", then proceed to empty the whole damn thing out. You don't need 10 pairs of gloves, or 5 different guns dude. But then, here's the kicker: they die to a bear/wolf/fall/radiation and rage quit, leaving all that stuff to despawn out in the wild. There is a severe lack of consideration with a lot of players.
I'm also against players who place T2 & T3 workbenches at their shop/CC for public use for the very same reason; what's the point in playing if you go straight to end game on day 1?

I know that players who donate have their heart in the right place, but I believe these freebie kinda things negatively impacts the growth of the EZ community because it makes the servers boring.

• Like 4