twig should decay faster

BigSlisK

i keep seeing twig monster bases all wipe and they never get upgraded. even if players and admins talk about it in chat this won't change.

could we please make decay of twig super fast or something so that you can't have twig on your base more than a day or two. even if some people want to make huge bases you wouldn't have to build it all in one go out of twig and then upgrade. you could upgrade as you can afford it.

this would help with the lag spikes as you try to fly across the map and almost crash when the twig monsters load in.

• Like 5

• Staff

Decay should be a lot higher for everything in my opinion, and having twig and wood decay the same would help. Maybe also limit number of entities per player as long as it does not limit peoples creativity too much.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Yeah i would support this totally.  The twig bases that some people put up have a MASSIVE impact on all your servers.  Twig/wood should possibly decay over 24 hours to limit the amount of 10x10 farms that impact the stability of the server and the FPS issues that they cause.

The amount of Mini's i have lost due to lag spikes caused by monster bases is steadily increasing 😛

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I don't think having Twig and Wood decay at the same rate is good.  Some people prefer to build in Wood as an aesthetic choice.  Most of my builds are a mix of Wood and Stone.  However I think Twig should have a higher decay rate, and a decay rate on all servers.

I know we've played with Twig decay rate before.  I remember a few wipes where Twig would decay faster than I could build and upgrade my base on Wipe Day.  That sucked and was a bit too fast.  But I do agree something should be done to discourage leaving things Twig for more than a few days.

Edited by SCE_Wraith
grammar
  • Like 6

As far as I know, twig has a big fps impact but not wood. Wood is the same as stone, metal or HQM, it's a "skin" sorta speak.

Twig is made up of who knows how many "parts", and that's where the impact on FPS comes along.

We've had this discussion many times before about twig decay. I agree, it would hold back big twig builds and improve performance. And would love to see it (at a reasonable rate), on PURE servers as well.

In the end though, I think the big issue is that it would create more work for admins. A player didn't know, his base is gone, asks for admin help. A player missed a foundation, it decays, part of the build goes down, asks for admin help. Etc.

But hey, if it's suppose to be "Pure", well then some decay, for twig at least, would make things more like the "real" game (and improve performance). 

• Like 5

I definitely support twig decaying quicker! Twig should definitely decay faster to encourage people to upgrade asap! Also agree wood should remain how it is because many people do use it for aesthetic purposes, like SCE_Wraith pointed out! 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Perhaps having an decay-increase every other day or every week would decrease base sizes and therefore entities as well.

Now you only have to farm wood/stone for a single day to have enough upkeep for the rest of wipe if you build an average sized base.

It'll force the lazy/casual players to build more modestly and it'll get rid of abandoned twig bases sooner as well.

Can also be done per week I suppose.

Example rates: Week 1: 100% vanilla decay, week 2: 200%, week 3: 350% week 4: 500%. 

Just an idea on this topic.

• Like 1