An idea?

Nightclaw42

So I had a bit of a thought regarding pump jacks. Don't know if this could work. But maybe make it so that people with VIP status can buy just one on the black market. You could only get the one "freebie" (so to speak). It wouldn't really unbalance the game as the output on one pump jack isn't all that high and any upgrades would have to be purchased through the online store. It would make a nice perk for VIPs, and wouldn't really take away from the income of RUSTEZ. It would also help those on a limited budget ( I know it's only three dollars, but with gas and food prices being they way they are right now, a lot people I know are pinching pennies every way they can).

Edited by Nightclaw42

5 hours ago, Nightclaw42 said:

So I had a bit of a thought regarding pump jacks. Don't know if this could work. But maybe make it so that people with VIP status can buy just one on the black market. You could only get the one "freebie" (so to speak). It wouldn't really unbalance the game as the output on one pump jack isn't all that high and any upgrades would have to be purchased through the online store. It would make a nice perk for VIPs, and wouldn't really take away from the income of RUSTEZ. It would also help those on a limited budget ( I know it's only three dollars, but with gas and food prices being they way they are right now, a lot people I know are pinching pennies every way they can).

So...

For blue players to get a PJ they have to buy VIP.

For PJ upgrades you have to buy from the online store.

Sounds a lot like pay to win to me, or at least pay to get an advantage. And as you said, during the current climate, not everyone has disposable income.

Definitely not the direction Death is steering the servers or the community.

I know these suggestions are ideas on how to curtail players who build large builds & cause server lag, but there is no easy solve. Unless there is a way to reward smaller builds?

On 7/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, Postanou said:

So...

For blue players to get a PJ they have to buy VIP.

For PJ upgrades you have to buy from the online store.

Sounds a lot like pay to win to me, or at least pay to get an advantage. And as you said, during the current climate, not everyone has disposable income.

Definitely not the direction Death is steering the servers or the community.

I know these suggestions are ideas on how to curtail players who build large builds & cause server lag, but there is no easy solve. Unless there is a way to reward smaller builds?

I think you misunderstood me. I don't mean restricting PJ only to VIP. They would still be available to anyone who wishes to purchase from the online store on EZ no matter their status. I'm suggesting that as an additional perk for those who purchase VIP (which is a one time, lifetime purchase) that they be able to purchase one single PJ per wipe from the BM with their net worth. It's makes for a nice incentive to get the VIP status (which is something someone can save up for if their budget is tight as it's a lifetime thing),and doesn't deprive EZ of a good source of income (as to upgrade past lvl 1 you would have to purchase from the online store).  Basically a non VIP member would pay $30 to fully upgrade their PJ and a VIP member would pay $27. A small discount, but a discount all the same.