EU Scourge - Feedback

DocSneaky

Hello,

Sadly the past days have not been a great experience on the server.

Looks like there is a big issue with the admins on EU, since ignoring player to answer like they are there as an obligation.

The server is lacking in Roleplay and everyone knows that we do not have anything else to do, I did my endgame in 2 weeks and now I just need to login just to sell stuff at the shop. I see other admins from other servers actually helping and creating events to the player so they can be more active and have fun. 

But the big issue comes from the admins attitude here.

The last few days we had admins answering on a player assistance request with something like "Maybe, depends on what you want", this shows the lack of player support that they have on the background (this is not admin quality), other thing is having admins defending a player that was using words as "Motherf**ker" and "F**k Your Mom" since this is a mature server, his answer was  and this is a real quote "while we dont accept player abuse we an adult server so bad language like that isnt explicitly banned".

If we do /rules we can see on 2. No spamming, player disrespect or harassment, racism or politics, and if we do /info we can see the point that says Be a decent human being.

So my conclusion is that I can get out and start to insult everyone Mom? Of course not, no matter what we are adults and there is also kids in the server, and a fun fact is that the kids with 15years old have more respect than most of our current admins. After tried to speak with other admin where I got ignored this is the type of admins we actually have on our server.

Also having requests to delete stuff that we do just because cause lag for some people, so why there is still wind mills? Because that causes lag for everyone and the admins and everyone else do not do anything about that. So there is a huge lack of rules that apply for some situations and player and do not apply for the rest.

If the leadership actually makes a anonymous survey about the admins and about the server they will see where they can improve. Last week most of the days there was not a single admin on, ok I know there they have a personal life, work and so on but not even a single one.

I would love to get a survey about that, but at the same time I will not comeback with this administration of admins in EU Scourge.

Best regards,

Doc

Edited by DocSneaky
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

• Staff

Hello Doc,

To answer your concerns, 

1. The "Maybe, depends on what you want" was a joke between one of our admins and a player he knows a long time on here. I understand you are new to our server, and probably dont know who knows who, but thats all it was. 

2. "other thing is having admins defending a player that was using words as "Motherf**ker" and "F**k Your Mom" since this is a mature server, his answer was  and this is a real quote "while we dont accept player abuse we an adult server so bad language like that isnt explicitly banned"."

The player in question was warned for Player disrespect by the Admin in question. And yes it is not a bannable offence, for the first offence. That is the case across al 9 RustEZ servers, and has nothing to do with the admins on EU Scourge as we do not make the rules.

3 "Also having requests to delete stuff that we do just because cause lag for some people" 

Nobody was asked to delete their base or anything of that nature. They were simply asked to cut back on some entities, as there was an insane amount of skinned doors, neon signs, fires, etc that was causing alot of players to complain. When we recieve so many complaints about a base, of course we will try to speak to the player that owns that base. 

4.  "Last week most of the days there was not a single admin on, ok I know there they have a personal life, work and so on but not even a single one."

This is just not true. An admin/multiple admins have been on every single day of this wipe. I have checked the logs and that is absolutely the case. 

• Confused 1

Hey,

1. This happened to me so do not use the excuse it was a joke between an admin and a player that they know. As you said I am new so this types of jokes are not actually for me, hearing that I see that the admin is not having a good will to help anyone.

2. The way the admin said that sound like its not a big deal because at the same time he have defended the player saying that I should take with the disrespect from other people for been in a adult server. Even after the warning the player decided to be piss off in chat and disrespecting me, and it was totally ignored by the admin online. Yes I also called him retard after having to deal with is lack of respect. So give me a warning for that too, I do not care.

3. So why there is windmills? So why there is always complain about people placing 2, 3, 4, 5 windmills. That causes more lag everywhere and also make us crash minis in their windmills because they go to the top of the mountain and build a huge tower with 0 light for us to crash at night. You say that you speak with the player sure everyone complains windmills I do not see them taking to take them out, and they cause the same lag and even worst issues to the player than a city out in a part of the map that almost nobody goes there. Easy answer if you have lag and you can't support that do not go there.

4. Sure if you consider login and log off and not when there is more population on the server that is end of the day in EU. Multiple times people asked if there was an admin on and we just concluded that nobody saw one for days already. 

Note: I start to wonder if I can build anything because so far I am afraid of building something. Also the stories that I hear about the admins abusing the power on this server are a lot. Is not 1 or 2 people is almost everyone have complains. So this is something to not be looked by you Jamesy but by the responsible people, this since you are one of the admins there.

Other thing that you didn't even said anything is the ignoring of the admins when we are talking about something related to rules. 

Edited by DocSneaky

1 hour ago, Jamesy said:

3 "Also having requests to delete stuff that we do just because cause lag for some people" 

Nobody was asked to delete their base or anything of that nature. They were simply asked to cut back on some entities, as there was an insane amount of skinned doors, neon signs, fires, etc that was causing alot of players to complain. When we recieve so many complaints about a base, of course we will try to speak to the player that owns that base. 

Hi Jamesy, 

Are you sure nobody was asked to delete their base? Are these not your words?

image.thumb.png.e749f8798cdec1798faf056b4c163161.png

I am pretty sure you didn't mean reduce the number of entities by "remove the garage door base in L4", just as I'm sure no one actually complained about the maze, and if they did, can you kindly upload some evidence in here? 

If you received so many complaints about me and @fish_'s base, may I ask why did you not contact us before issuing the warning, since you just mentioned that "we will try to speak to that player"? How exactly did you try?

We were online for a couple of hours on that day, before receiving it and there was no attempt on your behalf to talk to us. I also logged in to no notes in my base/messages on discord/steam.

1 hour ago, Jamesy said:

4.  "Last week most of the days there was not a single admin on, ok I know there they have a personal life, work and so on but not even a single one."

This is just not true. An admin/multiple admins have been on every single day of this wipe. I have checked the logs and that is absolutely the case. 

Honestly, I've personally asked at least 2 times for an admin's help in the chat in the last few days without getting a response, so if you were to take a look in the logs and just do a simple search for the word admin, and then compared that number to the number of  people that bothered to write in #help on discord, you might see a difference.

Thank you,

Iulia

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, iulia937 said:

Honestly, I've personally asked at least 2 times for an admin's help in the chat in the last few days without getting a response, so if you were to take a look in the logs and just do a simple search for the word admin, and then compared that number to the number of  people that bothered to write in #help on discord, you might see a difference.

Iulia thank you for the good example, regarding the chat everyone started to joke about making a revolution and that we were outcasts, since nobody saw an admin for a few days.  So the rule of having them everyday well maybe we miss them but during the most populated time there was none. 

So Jamesy, maybe its better to double check the logs again since you have probably missed something there.

1 hour ago, Jamesy said:

Almost forgot, as you said you try to speak with the player that owns that base, the case that Iulia mentioned above about the L4 Garage doors, I saw actually fish asking for the reason that he got a warning regarding the maze that they where building and your answer was if you want send me a PM on discord and we can talk. With that looks like there was no talk with the player and you went straight to a warning. This since fish didn't know anything about that before. Or when you mean talk is issuing warnings? Because that looks like a monologue not a conversation where people talk. 

• Staff
52 minutes ago, iulia937 said:

Hi Jamesy, 

Are you sure nobody was asked to delete their base? Are these not your words?

image.thumb.png.e749f8798cdec1798faf056b4c163161.png

I am pretty sure you didn't mean reduce the number of entities by "remove the garage door base in L4", just as I'm sure no one actually complained about the maze, and if they did, can you kindly upload some evidence in here? 

If you received so many complaints about me and @fish_'s base, may I ask why did you not contact us before issuing the warning, since you just mentioned that "we will try to speak to that player"? How exactly did you try?

We were online for a couple of hours on that day, before receiving it and there was no attempt on your behalf to talk to us. I also logged in to no notes in my base/messages on discord/steam.

Thank you,

Iulia

Again, you are mixing up 2 situations, None of my original post was about your situation. In regards to your situation, i brought it to leadership and i acted as i was instructed to do so. 

I am sorry that an admin wasn't on when you needed one, but you have to understand admins cant be on all the time. We all do this for free, and we have real life jobs etc. That is what the help channel in discord is for. And every single post is responded to and dealt with when we have time. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jamesy said:

4 minutes ago, Jamesy said:

Again, you are mixing up 2 situations, None of my original post was about your situation. In regards to your situation, i brought it to leadership and i acted as i was instructed to do so. 

I am sorry that an admin wasn't on when you needed one, but you have to understand admins cant be on all the time. We all do this for free, and we have real life jobs etc. That is what the help channel in discord is for. And every single post is responded to and dealt with when we have time. 

Jamesy where where is the part of speaking to the player? Or its taken to the leadership immediately? 

Because as I have concluded your are contradicting yourself.

Edited by DocSneaky

• Staff
1 minute ago, DocSneaky said:

Jamesy where where is the part of speaking to the player? Or its taken to the leadership immediately? 

We dont discuss other players situations, with players not related to the situation. But i can assure you, the player involved was spoken to on discord before hand. Again, those are 2 different base and 2 different situations

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jamesy said:

We dont discuss other players situations, with players not related to the situation. But i can assure you, the player involved was spoken to on discord before hand

They are saying that there was no conversation before. 

But anyway wanna comment this:

2 hours ago, Jamesy said:

1. The "Maybe, depends on what you want" was a joke between one of our admins and a player he knows a long time on here. I understand you are new to our server, and probably dont know who knows who, but thats all it was. 

1 hour ago, DocSneaky said:

1. This happened to me so do not use the excuse it was a joke between an admin and a player that they know. As you said I am new so this types of jokes are not actually for me, hearing that I see that the admin is not having a good will to help anyone.

This is related to me so the excuse of a joke between one of the admins and a player that he knows makes no sense, as you said I am new here.

• Staff
5 minutes ago, DocSneaky said:

They are saying that there was no conversation before. 

But anyway wanna comment this:

This is related to me so the excuse of a joke between one of the admins and a player that he knows makes no sense, as you said I am new here.

I do apologise, there was a different situation i was thinking of. I just checked the logs for you, and i can see at the time of the lighthearted interaction, you seemed fine with it, and even made a joke back to the admin. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jamesy said:

I do apologise, there was a different situation i was thinking of. I just checked the logs for you, and i can see at the time of the lighthearted interaction, you seemed fine with it, and even made a joke back to the admin. 

Did I? Care to tell the admin name and what joke did I used?

But funny as you have excuse for everything.

Edited by DocSneaky

11 minutes ago, Jamesy said:

Jamesy, I am not mixing anything up and I'm getting the feeling like maybe you're? I have never mentioned anything about Lumos Kraken's base because I have nothing to do with that and I will not try to fight someone else's battle since you clearly stated that "We dont discuss other players situations, with players not related to the situation." . 

I am simply asking what have you done in my situation? Did you come to talk to me before issuing a warning that said "delete your garage door base in L4"? No.

Are you telling me that you brought our base to leadership and they instructed you to issue a warning before contacting any of us? Because these are your words. 

And if that's the case, if you contacted Lumos Kraken about his base, why couldn't you do the same with us? Do we not count? To quote you, "blues are just as important as pinks" ,  I'm not seeing myself being very important in this situation if you ask me..

6 minutes ago, iulia937 said:

Jamesy, I am not mixing anything up and I'm getting the feeling like maybe you're? I have never mentioned anything about Lumos Kraken's base because I have nothing to do with that and I will not try to fight someone else's battle since you clearly stated that "We dont discuss other players situations, with players not related to the situation." . 

I am simply asking what have you done in my situation? Did you come to talk to me before issuing a warning that said "delete your garage door base in L4"? No.

Are you telling me that you brought our base to leadership and they instructed you to issue a warning before contacting any of us? Because these are your words. 

And if that's the case, if you contacted Lumos Kraken about his base, why couldn't you do the same with us? Do we not count? To quote you, "blues are just as important as pinks" ,  I'm not seeing myself being very important in this situation if you ask me..

Kraken is Yellow, looks like he is VIP the title says everything here. Special benefits.

But where are the windmill requests to use solar panels, since they completely fuck up everyone, and make people also crash their minis at night? So why a city or a maze are more special than the windmills Jamesy?

• Haha 1

Let's calm down a bit ladies, i'm sure a couple of things did get mixed up between everything, mistakes can happen and nobody and nothing is perfect. Shit happens. The way i see it is that the main point of this whole thing is that even though people aren't doing anything wrong or against the rules, there seems to be a lot of warnings or forcing people to do things because of multiple reasons like, other people not being able to run the game properly, or unoptimized PCs/Game, maybe even to benefit others, and i get that, everyone should have the same experience as others. But taking away from one , or multiple players because others can't enjoy the game due to their own personally issues with their own personal PCs, isn't exactly fair. It's like asking a person without cancer to go to chemotherapy just because someone else has cancer.... doesn't make sense, right? ... Also somehow my wiring "magically" disappeared in the city this weekend while I was gone, and i'm sure it's not a bug, nor anyone had access to my TC and I wasn't in a team, so that's pretty messed up since it took me a lot of hours to hook it up. 

But, the bigger issue is that it seems a lot of other players have been having a lot of issues with other admins because of different reasons like not really following the rules themselves when it comes to some people, which i'm not gonna get into because that's their problem. I don't have anything against anyone personally. It's y'alls server and you can run it however you want to, but i can tell you that most people will be leaving sooner or later if this keeps happening. 

Edited by THEKRAKEN

There is also this thing with Click where he made false claims of people mass TC-ing many times on other wipes just to give them a warning, after I reported that person for blocking the island that player CAME TO ME and ASKED ME if I say those claims towards her or not (saying her mass TC-ing in each wipe), and I did not. All I said was she was mass TC-ing the island for a couple of days NOT many wipes, even with crystal clear evidence with her she still has to endure a warning after JUST JOINING the server because someone was on a power trip.

So much for "Welcome players to our server" and being a "Decent human being"

Edited by Berserk Healer
  • Haha 1

• Staff
21 minutes ago, Berserk Healer said:

There is also this thing with Click where he made false claims of people mass TC-ing many times on other wipes just to give them a warning, after I reported that person for blocking the island that player CAME TO ME and ASKED ME if I say those claims towards her or not (saying her mass TC-ing in each wipe), and I did not. All I said was she was mass TC-ing the island for a couple of days NOT many wipes, even with crystal clear evidence with her she still has to endure a warning after JUST JOINING the server because someone was on a power trip.

So much for "Welcome players to our server" and being a "Decent human being"

I would like to clarify that this is completely not true, and its unfair to make accusations against an admin when they are not here to defend themselves. Without knowing the full extent of the situation, its impossible for players to understand/see what admins see. I will be locking this thread now as it is turning into alot of false allegations against admins from 1 group of players. 

• Jamesy locked this topic
  • Jamesy unlocked and locked this topic