Warning for camping at launch.

from aerastocade {sp} - warning for camping launch. July 22, 2022.

I never camp launch. Please do share the "evidence to the contrary" you suggest you have. I gave you opportunity to speak to me in discord or share it in chat. Please have the courtesy of providing the proof here.

• Staff
9 hours ago, NoThreat said:

from aerastocade {sp} - warning for camping launch. July 22, 2022.

I never camp launch. Please do share the "evidence to the contrary" you suggest you have. I gave you opportunity to speak to me in discord or share it in chat. Please have the courtesy of providing the proof here.

Thank you for appealing.

It was reported to me by a player that two individuals were waiting around launch site. When I investigated I witnessed you and a 2nd individual standing around one spot.

I ask that you take this warning as guidance in the future and not as a slight against you. We want to insure that everyone has a fair chance to participate in all of the server events. To avoid getting a warn yourself I'd ask that if you are looting and finished to clear the area and return again at a later time to avoid receiving a warn for camping.

You can use the command /rules at any time to review any of the server rules should you be unsure.

See below for the screenshot:

spacer.png

So. Someone says they saw another person at launch, takes a screenshot, and that is all the evidence you need to accuse them of camping launch? In other words, just being there, and being accused is enough? This picture is taken after the tank was destroyed, btw. If you witnessed us standing around one spot, it was because the tank was destroyed, and we were all waiting for cooldown on the boxes.

So here is what actually happened. I was at launch, and as I finished the launch puzzle at the top of launch, I heard the tank respawn below me. I shot at it, as did two other people on the ground. We destroyed it. I came down, and there were 4 people around the tank. One person was asking the others, how long have you been here, etc. I assume that is who made a report. I don't know any of the people. I left launch without even looting boxes, thinking maybe those people needed the loot more than I did.

I'd appreciate it if you would do a little more investigating before jumping to conclusions. You will never see me camping launch site, because never have.

I know you mean well, but I ask that you take this experience as a learning experience not to jump to conclusions, to vet your evidence, and perhaps speak with the accused before passing judgement.

Edited by NoThreat