Limit number of shops

brivis22

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

wouldnt that be against the spirit of "no building limitations" ? once they see how much work 30 shops is they will think about it xD. (long term vending machine slave here) so i went from alot down to 8 maximum on my own and also you just cant put a rule on everything in my opinion. it if theres too many restrictions players will just go to another place where they can do that. you feel me ?

-purely personal opinion-

totally disagree. Number one, players learn over the course of a couple wipes what items are and aren't worth their own time/resources to put in a vending machine. But more importantly, there are two very finite limitations on what one single vending machine can be stocked with: first, limited to only 7 different sale slots. Second - and, idk, maybe this has changed at some point - but within the last year it has been that you couldn't stock any amount of goods which, based on your vending offer, would result in an incoming payment more than a full single stack of whatever it is you're selling for scrap, etc. if someone bought the barn via a drone. It gives them what you were selling and spits your scrap out to despawn on the ground behind your vending machine. Ind.Pipes pretty much mitigates the second, but any bulk rez selling is still going to take up an entire vending machine regardless in order to keep the drone price down for buyers.

The point is, it's easy for a player or group to need 12 vending machines; it's also hard for most players to want anything significantly more than that wipe after wipe. So why limit something that's already geared toward limiting itself? Trying to even wonder what the vending machine limit number would be is arbitrary at best. Even if you just want to sell comps and be able to offer each for something more than just scrap, that's like 6 or 7 vending machines required right off the bat - just to be able to say 'you can buy each for X scrap or for Y crude,' or whatever.

IMO, tell yourself that the limit's 100 and, if you see somebody with more than that, you can think to yourself about how they've gone of overboard 🤷‍♂️