Banned AU Scourge: WaveFunction

• Staff

Offender: WaveFunction (Steam) (BattleMetrics)
Server: Scourge AU
Time: Timestamp of ban
Length: permanent
Reason: Multiple instances of griefing other players and not willing to follow /rules.
More Info:

Player was found to have tc'd a lone pumpjack near their base, pumpjack was now running and being used by this player.
I had placed a small amount of low grade fuel and crude from the owners decaying refineries for safekeeping in the pumpjack.

20221213132102_1.thumb.jpg.fa5a2559e9f5bd3288555cfd9853a8ca.jpg

20221213124504_1.thumb.jpg.70bbace287522517be073ac509715bec.jpg
Previously the player had warns for the same behaviour and general griefing.
Despite the warns the player has not deterred and is not willing to follow the /rules of no looting, griefing or stealing of any kind.
1st occurrence in February wipe 2022, 2nd occurrence in April 2022 of accommodating other players pumpjacks and requiring admins to remove tc to allow the owner access to their pumpjack.

@TiffDust have never griefed ever. I had thought this to be abandoned, in the occurrences earlier in the year I had built around and provided codes on signs for the owners to stop them decaying. Sorry only just getting back into it after 9month away.

Definitely a bad on my part, please reconsider the ban, but I do appreciate the need to rules and understand if this was seen to have impacted anyone and requiring perm ban ;(

• Staff

Thank you for your appeal.
You can find this info in the faq.

Can I keep the items I found in a gray satchel on the ground?

Gray satchels can be found where a base has significantly decayed or has been automatically purged owing to inactivity of the base builder. These satchels are fair game and free for all. Anything left inside any remaining structures, be it furnaces, boxes, or deployables of any sort are not and should be left alone.

In the instances that i found your tc at another players pumpjack there were no such signs. As stated above it is completely unnecessary and deployables that don't belong to you should be left alone.

It's dubious to be running the pjs for your own gain while claiming you are keeping them safe.
If a player has any concern over a deployable it is best to bring it to the attention of admins. Pumpjacks are easily reimbursed if needed due to inactivity purge or any other reasons through a help ticket.

You have used multiple pumpjacks without permission including the crude and low grade fuel that did not belong to you.

Given the multiple warnings for griefing on AU Scourge and the continuation of discouraged behaviour over the past year, i regretfully inform you that at this time the ban will not be lifted.
We wish you the best of luck in your future Rust endeavours.

Kinda feels like the main issue here is using an abandoned PJ (zero base anywhere near by) for my 'gain' and I understand the commercial motivation that could be behind this opportunism on my part instead of purchasing PJ.

I sincerely believe with the exception of the opportunistic 'gains' mentioned above that there was no malice or harm to the AU Scourge community caused by my actions. Hope you will check the chat logs and see that in the hour before being banned that I had a player loot a crate on cargo that I had cleared and triggered, my response was to politely let the guy know in chat that isn't normally the done thing, but all was G and to enjoy the AKs he grabbed; no bad feeling; no malice; just encouraging better play.

I accept that I have no option after 3.3K hours on AU Scourge but to accept your decision and enjoy the my future Rust endeavours.

GG all.

Edited by WaveFunction
typo, correct AU Scourge name, sign off
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

After consideration of your appeal, the ban will be lifted.
Just to clarify: Pump jacks don't decay, pump jacks can't be saved from being purged by placing a TC down (without the owner being on the TC.) We always encourage players to lock their stuff up and we also encourage that if it doesn't belong to you that you don't claim or even look into for your own protection.

You MUST NOT take another players pump jack without permission, even if you intend to help them by doing that.

That being said, you will get a second chance. Just one.
The ban will be lifted, but it will remain on your record.  There will be no additional chances as this post should encourage you to abide by the rules.

Take a few minutes before rejoining, and refresh yourself on the rules to avoid any chance of breaking them. If you are unclear on any of them, or aren't sure what is permitted, please reach out to the staff and we'll be happy to clarify them for you.

● No raiding, griefing or looting of any kind.
● No mic or chat spam, player disrespect, politics, racism or harassment.
● No camping loot rooms, monuments or any highly concentrated areas.
● You may build in caves but you must ensure safe passage for other players.
● No blocking water ways, building around monuments or large areas of unused land.

Welcome back to AU Scourge. 
(Please bear in mind, this is a one-time ban reversal. No further rule infractions of this nature can happen. Thank you!)

• TiffDust changed the title to Banned AU Scourge: WaveFunction