Balance for better performance.

Maximus_Drive

Hello, everyone, Death, admins and staff from RustEZ, I never do suggestions, but in this case, I will try one, since I love the server. I have been playing in RustEZ for the last three months, and I really like the community and the server itself. But lately, with the new problems that resurfaced (which I Know are not directly related to RustEZ) but I think we can better the quality and performance of say server if we opt for balance and limits. 

1) Limit bases to a certain number of windmills. I have been in other servers, and they do recognize that windmills are the culprits for lagging. I have experienced the same in RustEZ, when other bases around mine are built with windmills, my FPS go low very noticeably. Even member of our team has opted for Test Gens. I had two farms with three floors, one main base, and I was only using one Test Gen and two slots of the test gen. That was enough power for all of it, and still had more available. One windmill generates 150 powers, for a solo base 2 or 3 windmills is more than enough. If the whole team lives in say base, maybe limited to a number based in members. I know we have to go directly to the website to buy test gens, and some can't do that. But there are players that sale the test gens in game for resources or scrap, etc. 

2) Limit the numbers of furnaces and refineries. I have seen bases with over 100 furnaces and refineries, all of them connected with pipes. Each pipe counts as an entity (network ID) and they are bad for lagging as well. I had a main base with 20 small furnaces, 6 large furnaces and 12 oil refineries, and that was enough for a solo. The 20 small furnaces produce enough charcoal, and I could use them for smelt ore as well. Large furnaces I use them for the same, but they are faster. I had two PJs level 15 each, and the number of oil refineries was enough for all the crude oil they were producing. Even if you want to smelt metal ore or sulfur ore, we are limited to the amount the GE produces. The GE only gives certain amount a day, even leaving the GE running over night it was enough to smelt everything with that number of furnaces. The same amount can be used for solo bases and teams living in same bases might have different amount based on number of members if they live together. 

3) Limit the number of Tier 3 for making explosives. Some people have a lot of those connected with pipes to craft explosives. I did that last wipe only with two and they are super slow, mixer tables are better for gunpowder and crafting explosives, they are faster and craft a good amount in less time. They don't like it because you cannot use pipes with them. But it is the same, some people had hundreds of Tier 3 connected with pipes just to craft explosives, making the server very lagging. 

Even with the limitation but working for a whole month without a problem and better performance of the server, you can accomplish good amount of NetWorth to keep playing in the server. I know some would not like the limitation, and other would not agree with them. But, if it is for the good of everyone and the performance of the server, and avoid future problems, even if Facepunch fix the network ID problem, I think is a good idea to give it a try. I think balance in everything is good, in real life and in the game. Like I said, I really love this server, the community and staff, never had a problem that was not resolved, and would continue to keep playing in it, but with all problems that have resurfaced (like I said not directly to RustEZ), even if they fix the problem, we will have a better performance overall and no worries for future problems. Hope you take my suggestion in consideration and thank you for your time and the great server you manage. Thank YOU!!

• Like 1