Basic Night Time Light Setup

Test Gen Setup (Very Simple)
i88jGDB.gif.8d4997704d8db66b5d683da7bef4ae17.gif

Vanilla Setup using Fuel Generator (May need some testing)

iJrEsgO.gif.4abaf0faf2b5ee818060d8b9ccacf9f6.gif

For the Fuel Gen:
The blocker output will go to the generator's 'turn on' input.
The output branch of one of the electrical branch with go to the 'turn off' input of the generator.
Always don't forget to fill it with low-grade fuel.

Solar Panel Placement:
Make sure one panel is facing where the sun rises and the other will be in the opposite direction as shown in the picture below.
Also, make sure no buildings are shadowing your solar panels as this will cause your lights to flicker during the day.
image.png.5924d659bdfe06d92a0f7ec0b7cf9bbb.png

Wanna help the server out and be kind person:

You can RF Broadcast a signal to the whole server and have everyone turn on their lights based on your RF transmission with the setup shown below:

1aYoMrH.gif.3e02d899cbb96b03462a1178c9411e2c.gif

People using the transmission code will use the receiving setup as shown below to turn their lights on at night:

8491_original.png

Thanks to:
- Peach
- Sqoug
for helping with the improvements.

I will update this post if I come up with more setups.

Admin-Mario

• Like 2

there's a better way.. Use an electrical branch between the root combiner and the blocker trigger, the low end of the electrical branch gets connected to the trigger and the high end gets connected to the power storage/battery.  When the sun sets the lo end of the EB will lose power before the high end does and it will trigger the on or off respectively that way you always have power flowing and your lights turn on right as the sun sets and off when it rises and you're not wasting solar panels just for a switch

Edited by Magnus Arturis
  • Like 1

My (and many others) usual auto lights build :

pAXPKHI.gif

• 2 solars, facing East --> Root combiner
  • 2 solars, facing West --> Root combiner
  • 1 Root combiner (combining the previous two)
  • That one goes in the Electrical Branch
  • Branch out  goes in the Blocker's Block Passthrough     (no power config change needed)
  • Power out of the Branch into the Battery
  • Power out of the Battery into the Blocker
  • Power out of the Blocker into lights

With that you should have plenty of power for many many lights, no windmill needed.

Works with just 2 solars of course, but I like to put 4 just to be safe. Since they nerfed the weather though, it's not that necessary anymore. So long as you wait for your battery to be charged before you start plugin' away! (and don't create shadows over solars with your build later on...)

💡 TIP :  Placing 1/4 walls around the solar panels will make lights turn on a little quicker at dusk, and turn off a little later at dawn.

Edited by Lord McGuffin
  • Like 3