Server suddenly refusing to allow me to connect for no apparent reason.

Odin616

Hi I used to play on this server quite often then took a brief few month hiatus on gaming & now I just tried to connect to the server to play again & it just keeps timing out & refusing to allow me to connect...

To my knowledge I have never had any issues on the server or with any of the admins...in fact everyone has always been totally cordial so I am kinda lost as to why I am unable to connect yet can connect to other servers no promblemo...

Certainly does not seem as though I've been banned for some reason...

Please assist.

Thank you.

As a matter of fact I seem to be unable to connect to ANY RustEZ servers for some reason..., Pure, Survival or Scourge...why is this?

Just continually times out when ever I try.

Edited by Odin616

• Staff

Doesn't sound like a ban. With a ban you get a message in the dialog box popup on being disconnected.

Start up Rust through Steam. Hit f1 at the menu and type client.connect
then copy and past the relevant IP address to the server you wish to join e.g client.connect 199.231.233.63:29013

US Pure
connect 199.231.233.63:29015

US Survival
connect 199.231.233.63:29014

US Scourge
connect 199.231.233.63:29013

EU Pure
connect 64.52.81.172:29015

EU Survival
connect 64.52.81.172:29014

EU Scourge
connect 64.52.81.172:29013

AU Pure
connect 139.99.144.127:28015

AU Survival
connect 139.99.144.127:28014

AU Scourge
connect 139.99.144.127:28013

Are you able to join any other Rust servers? If not it could be a firewall issue. Let us know how you go 🙂

First of all thanks for tryin to assist with this TiffDust..

So I just tried to connect directly instead as you'd suggested and still the same situation...just keep throwing me a time out error's...

Continually hangs on "Connecting" for a few mins then just says either: "Disconnected: Disconnected"...or "Disconnected: Connection Attempt Failed" .

Retry reconnecting only to repeat the selfsame error's over & over.

Edited by Odin616

• Staff

There's  a current steam maintenance issue, Steam runs maintence tuesday/wednesday and seeing this can happen:
steamauth.PNG.8c1af7640d8adbad49424b74fc00b659.PNG

Although a steam auth issue can also look like a crash, playing Rust one minute and the next it's gone (no messages.)
Rust is aware of steam auth issues atm and is looking into (this is Rust wide issue and not just RustEZ.)

• Staff

it's not the best time right now because steam is being poo.

But If you hit windows key and R to open the Run box.
Type cmd and hit ok button.

In the command line we just opened run these commands separately in order:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /flushdns

Then restart your PC.

Nope just my regular ole windows firewall & antivirus & the games all forwarded through it so shouldnt be an issue & never usewd to be an issue either until recently...I used to play the Scourge server pretty often then went to play again after a coupole months & refuses to connect...from what I am seeing there are quite a few individuals having the selfsame if not simular issue as well.

I am clueless as to what the issue is now.

Edited by Odin616

So a little update I had the idea to try & download a free VPN to see if it would allow me to connect VIA a different IP, etc & sop I connected through an IP in the Netherlands using a free VPN & low & behold it connects!!!

Thing is it is a free VPN & so the bandwidth is extremely throttled to the point that games are unplayable & I am STILL unable to connect via my regular IP address...

Hopefully this sheds some light on the issue here so it can be resolved as soon as possibnle.

Thanks for your assistance thus far.