Map ideas

mini

I've been playing on Pure/Scourge on and off for a year or so. It seems like the map is basically the same but monuments are move around. (Solid square map) I've seen a couple neat maps that could "maybe" change up the flow of the normal every month wipes. 

1. The Rust Global Warfare Event coming up next month.
2. A random pic i found.

I understand it probably takes more time into making maps like this, it doesnt have to be a monthly thing, a couple times a year would be fine. It would be nice to see a change of pace. 

Thoughts? 

31c556d09d941be7db47aee7cad3e298.png

b297d97f53704f13c7b94cef3eb95ce1.png

Way back in 2019 (I think it was) We had a world map as the wipe. It was really great, and I have always hoped to see another one again. The map that was used is no longer compatible with the current Rust version unfortunately.

I built a base in Germany. Someone announced they had deforested the entire of New Zealand. North America was connected to Europe with a massive bridge, with lots of loot & NPCs. 2 Brads were cruising around the ruins in North America. Cargo lost the plot & sailed right through the land, destroying lots of bases. Someone built the most amazing ice cave base in Greenland.

Good times.

4 hours ago, Postanou said:

Way back in 2019 (I think it was) We had a world map as the wipe. It was really great, and I have always hoped to see another one again. The map that was used is no longer compatible with the current Rust version unfortunately.

I built a base in Germany. Someone announced they had deforested the entire of New Zealand. North America was connected to Europe with a massive bridge, with lots of loot & NPCs. 2 Brads were cruising around the ruins in North America. Cargo lost the plot & sailed right through the land, destroying lots of bases. Someone built the most amazing ice cave base in Greenland.

Good times.

Sounds really fun! It’ll be cool to play on a world map but I don’t think a world map would work. We have region servers (unless they came up with a new server) (I doubt it) Player base would even be more stretch out through out all the servers. 

I just want the map to be cut into pieces. People already make bridges over rivers and small lakes. Car transport wouldn’t be a problem . It’s already first come first serve in finding a spot, so that can’t be a problem. (Can’t think of a problem) I guess it’s up to the community/death if they would want this.