Inconsiderate players

Brictoria

Is there any way to find out which inconsidrate player decided to ruin my build area?

I built a 2x2 in the middle of a small area of trees, as I liked the atmosphere they gave to the location. Tonight, on logging on, I found someone had decided to remove every tree surrounding my base, leaving large areas of trees close to the area untouched.

image.thumb.png.e668645baf04530ab3dc756d9f16a866.png

For context, the location I had built was in the middle of the small section of trees on the q21\r21 line. All the trees in that small block were cut down in the past day by someone, but the large area of trees in r21\s21, and the P21\Q21 trees were not touched. This makes it look like it was an intentional act, given they would have seen the base there and still decided to cut everything down, when there were large areas without any bases so close to that area which they ignored.

• Staff

At this stage no, However the best way to protect trees if you'd like them is to fence yourself and the trees inside a little compound is what works best,  Another thing is to get away from the spawn side of the map as most people are gathering resources from the south which is the current spawn side, Those are the best tips I can offer for next time, This is what I've seen other players do including myself as it's happened to me before and a few others.

The reason I built there was that I wasn't going to have much time to play for the first few days of the wipe, so I needed somewhere I could get to quickly and set up a base, with the ability to do quick scrap runs from if I had a few minutes to log in.

I didn't have the time to grind scrap (or materials) to research and then build walls, which I detest seeing on a "community" server as they give the appearance that the person building behind them wants nothing to do with the community\other players.

I do have my suspicions about who did cut down all the trees around my base (There was a huge base on a hill nearby which appeared at around the same time), but I guess I'll just chalk this wipe up as another ruined wipe, and hope next month is better.

Because I like to build out from my starter when I have time to sign in, gradually expanding it as\where necessary, rather than be forced by another player's actions to have to waste time and effort trying to find a suitable location, then running back and forth between where I had started and wherever I am forced to relocate to, in order to move items\resources.

Rather than being forced to replicate my earlier work in order to find a location, start building there, and acquiring\relocating items\resources, I'd rather invest the time in some other game\pursuit where my time is better respected.

On 7/10/2023 at 6:07 PM, Brictoria said:

Because I like to build out from my starter when I have time to sign in, gradually expanding it as\where necessary, rather than be forced by another player's actions to have to waste time and effort trying to find a suitable location, then running back and forth between where I had started and wherever I am forced to relocate to, in order to move items\resources.

Rather than being forced to replicate my earlier work in order to find a location, start building there, and acquiring\relocating items\resources, I'd rather invest the time in some other game\pursuit where my time is better respected.

Those trees could be decimated at any point, and if you know you can’t get them protected quick enough, what else should you expect?

It’s not malicious, it’s just how the game plays out. Sorry it made your experience less than enjoyable, but, it’s almost inevitable.

Edited by crud

When there are much larger patches of trees, with no bases built in them, so close, it's difficult to find a reason why someone would choose to harvest the trees around the base and not the more plentiful trees nearby. One of the trees was close enough to the base walls that I had been unable to place a door facing it, so it's not a case of the player not knowing there was a base, but rather that they didn't care.

If there is plenty of buildable "grass" space around, along with a small tree'd area and several larger tree'd areas nearby, and you find a base built in the small treed area, common sense would suggest that the player built their base there because of the trees around it, and common decency would suggest that if you needed wood, you would harvest from one of the large areas of trees, rather than the small amount surrounding that players base.