EU Scourge Banned: Enivoke

• Staff

Offender: Enivoke      BM Steam
Server: EU Scourge
Time: 20:21 BST
Length: Permanent
Reason: Griefing
More Info:

Player was having issue with an Admin after being told we don't replace non store bought items after his farm base had decayed. Enivoke was then directed to contact myself if he was unhappy with that Admins outcome, which he chose not to. He then decided to act out, writing notes and making signs about the Admins. They then decided to call in helis at his neighbours base and after being given an initial warning, they continued to destroy the base intentionally.

20:12 Enivoke was killed by patrolhelicopter (entity)

20:14 Enivoke: At least now I can confirm that my base was indeed griefied.

A permanent ban was then issued. 

• 1 month later...

Unban appeal.

Hey, the permanent ban is a bit... too much in my opinion.

My side of story goes like this, my farm was mostly gone when I joined the server the next morning, I didn't know as to how it happened because i had proper materials in the TC before I left the server, but later that day I figured out it was griefed by somebody with heli.

I was mad, still am in a way by how the situation was handled because of me being griefed, anyway...

I launched heli's on my OWN base and my Friend's Base that I met prior to wipe(I guess Staff assumed it was griefing as I didn't have TC access), I didn't trust him enough to give him TC(but I would have if he asked), but I didn't ask for his TC either, we were using my own Crafting Benches, the same vehicle and the same store. I launched heli's on our selfs before leaving the server, basically a grief to myself and my teammate before leaving, we both didn't play on the server after that really.

I did not grief anyone outside my circle, myself and steam friends.

• Staff

Hello Enivoke

Thank you for your appeal

Griefing is not allowed on our servers in any form. Regardless of who it is against. But your recount of the event is not entirely accurate. You did not call in a heli on your own base as you claim. You ran straight to your neighbours base (who by the way had key locks on his base, further showing he did not want anyone else to use his base) and started to destroy it. You were warned by an Admin, but ignored that warning and continued to grief the player. That player was not online at the time, so they had absolutely no say in any of the events taking place. 

Your attitude towards Admins on the server, both in Global chat and in Notes, was unacceptable considering the Admin in question was doing everything in his power to help you with your issue. There was never any evidence that your base was griefed. It was always our belief that you did not leave enough materials in the TC. It was suggested that another possibility was the Patrol Heli may have destroyed it. You were asked had you used Auto Upgrade, you said you had. It was then explained to you that that uses the materials in the TC, and is likely what caused your base to start to decay. You weren't accepting that, and started to act out, which resulted in these events taking place. 

Taking everything into consideration, I will not be lifting your ban today. 

I wish you the best of luck. 

Jamesy

Hello, if I am not mistaken, it usually takes 3 decent strikes to get someone perma banned.

The base that I apparently "griefed" was my friend, and they did not want to play on the server either, I basically griefed my own team, but let's face it, doing it to yourself isn't griefing.

They've had key on their base, sure, but I could have easily had access to it should I have wished, including their TC.

Sure I may have over reacted a little because I spend a lot of time working on the farm for it to be destroyed like that, yes I did use the Auto TC, but the base was already upgraded by itself long time before I left the server for the day.

Please Re-consider your decision on lifting the ban as there are worse things I could have done and a lot worse things OTHER people have done and got away with less.

• Staff

You didn't do it to yourself though. You done it to another player who had a private base, of which you had no involvement. 

The rules plainly state :

● No raiding, griefing or looting of any kind.

You had a chance to stop what you were doing, as per your first warning, but you chose to ignore the Admin, and continue griefing. This was a serious offence and was treated as such. 

The disrespect you showed towards Admins was also completely out of order. 

But..Whilst it does not excuse your actions whatsoever, I do understand you were frustrated because of your base disappearing. I am willing to give you one final chance on our server. 

The ban will be lifted once 24 hours have passed, but it will remain on your record.  There will be no additional chances as this post should encourage you to change how you speak and conduct yourself in our servers and to abide by the rules.

Take a few minutes before rejoining, and refresh yourself on the rules to avoid any chance of breaking them. If you are unclear on any of them, or aren't sure what is permitted, reach out to the staff and we'll be happy to clarify them for you.

● No raiding, griefing or looting of any kind.
● No mic or chat spam, player disrespect, politics, racism or harassment.
● No camping loot rooms, monuments or any highly concentrated areas.
● You may build in caves but you must ensure safe passage for other players.
● No blocking water ways, building around monuments or large areas of unused land.

Welcome back. 
(Please bear in mind, this is a one-time ban reversal. No further rule infractions of this nature can happen. Thank you!)

What I've been trying to tell you all this time is that the "base" I called one of the helicopters was fine with it, No griefing is done there, the player owning the base was fine.

And for the other rules of the server such as no mic or chat spam, I've had multiple people on the server tell me to NOT leave the server and that they enjoyed my company in the server, so I would think I was respected on the server and people were happy for me to be there until of course, the event happened on the server.

Again, I may have overreacted at that time, but I did not use any slurs or such words to a staff member.

As for the offense, it is really unfair for it to be counted as a serious offense and anything small that could happen in the future would result in a ban, which isn't fair to me and puts that fear in you, I can't really describe it, English isn't my first language, nor my second.

I will leave this as evidence in case anything silly might happen in the future that the permanent ban provided isn't correct as no griefing was done other than calling a helicopter on myself and my friend, I've even asked them earlier today just to be sure and they said they didn't care about it.

Put yourself in my shoes and call yourself and your buddy a heli, and ask yourself if that's griefing.

• Haha 1
  • Staff

The other player wasn't even online at the time. How can you claim "Put yourself in my shoes and call yourself and your buddy a heli, and ask yourself if that's griefing."

Anyways, you've been given another chance. We all make mistakes, best to own up to them and move on. 

Have a nice day