US Pure Ban - GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21

• Staff

Offender: GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21        Battlemetrics | Steam
Server: US Pure
Time: 18 Oct 23 7:45 PM EST
Length: Permanent
Reason: Player Harrassment and Griefing
More Info (Optional): Player has received multiple warnings surrounding player harassment and has recently returned from a temp ban. Harassing behaviour continued by his stripping of 5 lifts containing free mod cars for player enjoyment to scrap and sell the parts, and then doing it a second time after the owner of the free car shop explained the intent for the free cars. A review of chat logs indicated that the player was intentional acting in a way to upset or negatively impact the enjoyment of the game by others. Player has exhibited a complete disregard for the enjoyment of the game by others on the server, which has been documented as repeat behaviour, and efforts to correct that behaviour have been ineffective. Player will need to pursue gameplay on other servers more suitable to their style of gameplay.

genuinely absurd, yes glizzy was temp banned but it wasn't recently it was months ago and he did learn his lesson but he didn't steal anything major or loot bases we did take car parts but that's because we needed them for our cars nothing was scrapped or resold and is being used by us, its stupid to perm ban a player over this especially after they purchased items from your store while player count on this server are dwindling. this all could have been solved with a warning

• Haha 2
  • Staff

as the ban report states, after being asked not to strip the vehicles for parts by the player giving them away, he returned 30 minutes later and stripped them again after they were all refitted, then proceeded to make call outs in chat asking players if they needed car parts.  this is quite literally the definition of player harrassment and griefing.  the quality or significance of the items taken is irrelevant as stealing is stealing whether it's 50 charcoal or a full metal kit.  

information beyond what's included in the ban report is between the player and banning admin, so further discussion on the subject should be limited to a legitimate ban appeal by the banned player.  When that happens a determination will be made by the banning admin. 

21 hours ago, GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21 said:

why is belifend posting this? a3 banned me?

Belifend was online at the time and handled the investigation and evidence collection, i was simply assisting.  

still absurd especially since we were going to use some of the parts on our own cars. every wipe i lay out extra stuff for people to take if someone takes out attachments from a mp5 and leaves the mp5 in the box i won't care since they got what they needed or if they take everything out because its whatever. if you want to be so strict about a minor incident like this then you should also ban me because i didn't stop him and partook in some of it as well by moving car parts around

• Haha 2
  • Staff

GLIZZY_GOBBLER_21 you have failed to hoist in the reason for your ban. The stealing of parts was not the issue. As you stated, the cars were there for free. The issue was that after being explained the purpose of the vehicles by the owner you started advertising the parts you took in general chat being for sale in an effort to intentionally upset the owner. This is the definition of griefing/harassment.

Multiple warnings, along with a temporary ban, all surrounding player harassment demonstrate a history of disregard for other players enjoyment of game play along with a failure to correct that toxic behaviour. At this time I do not believe you would return to the server as a reformed player and that you would continue trying to make the experience of playing on our servers a negative one for others. The ban will stand.

You are encouraged to explore other servers, perhaps finding one more in line with your play style, and/or focus on developing yourself as a community player on those servers. If you wish to submit another appeal in the future I will be happy to review it then.

Belifend

so the fact that he was "stealing" isn't the issue its the fact that he was harassing another player? still mind boggling that he accepts the issue and is willing to return the car parts we took yet you state that he doesn't understand what he is banned for. what's the point of implying an appeal if the decision is already made

• Haha 2