Who can take loot handbook for Cargo, Missle Silo and Oilrig (and other scientist monuments)

It happend me so many times like this morning again, i went for cargo with bad gear, a bow and a dream. 🙂

When i came on cargo somebody was clearing the upper deck, so i went down for the bottom scientist's, i gave one scientist 2 body shot with an arrow but i didnt kill it. The other guy from upstairs came down and as fast as he could he shot both scientist down, i was happy because he saved me while i was medding up. After a few seconds he came in voice chat: "is there anyone else on cargo and do you mind to leave!"

I was shocked, huh i was participating too right? I bought a salvaged hammer in the shop to collect my mini when he showed up. His voice was loud and clear, i had to leave because it was his loot! He shot the scientists down so it was all his now. I looted 2 big brown boxes on my way down to the cargo bay. Forgot to give it to him.

But what is the rule these days? Im playing here now for like 2 or 3 years and have seen many variants of rules for cargo etc. I was told, whoever showed up from that point you have to share loot.. The one thing i know for sure is that the rule isnt that clear for everybody because everytime it goes from cargo war on deck to cargo war in chat..

Is there someone who can make a handbook to follow the rules for these scientist events or monuments?

Edited by Speciekuip

There is a handbook, and it's on this very website. Unfortunately, it is admin eyes only.

Double unfortunately, there is nothing in the handbook about loot sharing public events (unless added in the last 12 months).

However, in this situation, the guideline that was explained to me by Leadership was 2 parts:

1) Cargo, oil rig, patrol heli, etc. are events on a public server, which means anyone is free to participate. No dibs.

2) Fair loot for fair work. You do half the work, you get half the loot. Do quarter the work, you get quarter the loot. Dividing up the loot accordingly has always been the awkward part...

Based purely on what was taught to me, and what you have said, you were fully entitled to participate on cargo, regardless who was on there first, and you get a fair share for work done. From how you described it, it seems as though your compatriot also knows this, hence their urgency to come down and kill the scientists in the hold before you did (NPC kills show up on the BattleMetrics logs). So this would then come under the last rule admins could enforce: Be a decent human being. You can try and report this to an admin, and perhaps the admins already have records of previous poor interactions with this player, but without any hard proof, this will be impossible to enforce. Thing is, this is day 1 of the wipe, and everyone wants to get to end game asap. I have always seen poorer interactions between players on the first days of the wipe; Lord of the Flies. Sometimes it is better to wait a couple of weeks before playing the new wipe.

TLDR: People are greedy, and if they can get away with it, they will.

• Like 1