Noise Pollution On Prime Property

Chinaski

I used to love farming the excavator scientists back in the day for fishing poles, so I would always build my base nearby. I usually build in the desert. The random rumbling of the Excavator running never bothered me, but today it runs nonstop. The Giant Excavator often determines where I live because I can't handle the sound of it's loud rumbling 24/7, since it went 'instanced'. I already asked if the devs could lower or turn off the volume, and the answer was 'no'. I wonder if you can't turn off instancing on the lower pop servers like AU or JP.

Look at the new map for wipe tomorrow and the prime real estate that will be subject to Excavator rumbling nonstop for a month. Normally this huge lake would be peppered with bases. I'll monitor bases around it this wipe, but I certainly won't be building near it. Instancing the excavator really adds a potent form of noise pollution over a wide area. I believe a solution should be sought. The green circle represents the approximate area of the loud rumbling sounds.

That is all.

Chinaski

Screenshot_20240131-200710_SketchBookX.jpg